Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Am i crazy or stupid?

Creator: Temzilla May 23, 2011 12:34am
1 2
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 4:34pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

The problem with Morde being a tank is he has no way to make a team focus him OR initiate (taunts, stuns, scary ults, etc).

This is why he's best built as a tanky dps. Where he can take a lot of hits but still deal out a threatening amount of damage (no building pure tank won't make you deal a threatening amount of damage).

At higher levels of play, if you build full tank and have no damage, and don't have a good initiate / taunt / stun, then people just ignore you and go right for your dps.

Yup.

Tanks get attacked if they have something dangerous (which all tanks do (Shen's Taunt, Rammus' Taunt, Amumu's AoE stun, Singed's Fling, etc) -

Example one -
Amumu Qs into your team
Teammate 1 "AMG AoE STUN INCOMING" *throws all CC at him*
Tank is successful.

With Morde, all he has is damage, he doesn't even have a slow or any way to peel enemies off your team. If you have no damage you'll be ignored, essentially!
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
DocSmoothJew's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 10:34am | Report
Doesn't all of this just mean Mord is a poorly designed champion? I mean, he's clearly supposed to be a tank based on his shield passive, but then he has no way of stopping enemies from raping his allies. Or do people just believe (or Riot has actually said) that he was designed to be tanky DPS? Hint: still poor design since as everyone realized a while back tanky DPS is busted as ****.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 10:40am | Report

Doesn't all of this just mean Mord is a poorly designed champion? I mean, he's clearly supposed to be a tank based on his shield passive, but then he has no way of stopping enemies from raping his allies. Or do people just believe (or Riot has actually said) that he was designed to be tanky DPS? Hint: still poor design since as everyone realized a while back tanky DPS is busted as ****.

LOL def. not, Morde is amazing (OP if you will). The shield makes him survivable, build him AP with survivability and you deal a lot of damage and don't die.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide