Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

AP Master Yi: Worth it?

Creator: RainDance May 3, 2011 3:34pm
mobrebel
<Member>
mobrebel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 2:04pm | Report
New rule: Play AP in normal; Hybrid in Ranked; and AD whenever you want. XD

Thanks to Scrax for my Evelynn Sig.I did the Yi, Anivia, and Udyr Sig.
Visit my signature shop! I will take requests!
http://www.own3d.tv/live/31072/Real_LoL <- My stream is UP!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 2:21pm | Report
Hybrid is almost as bad as AP...
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
mobrebel
<Member>
mobrebel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 5:46pm | Report
XP Hybrid allows the player to have both the early burst of AP and the late game dominance of AD. Better than going with lifesteal/AS with no damage...

Thanks to Scrax for my Evelynn Sig.I did the Yi, Anivia, and Udyr Sig.
Visit my signature shop! I will take requests!
http://www.own3d.tv/live/31072/Real_LoL <- My stream is UP!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 8:56pm | Report
It's always about playstyle. You can tell me AP shouldn't be viable in competitive play, but I actually play AP better no matter what type of game I'm playing....It doesn't matter if something is supposedly "better" damagewise if the player's not good at playing that way. If someone plays one way better than another they're going to play that way better no matter what type of game they're in.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 12:41am | Report
mobrebel wrote:

Hybrid allows the player to have both the early burst of AP and the late game dominance of AD.

NO.
Crit and ArP are 2 big sources of damage. He also relies a little on life steal. Yi needs all the damage he can get for his cleaning runs. Hybrid isn't viable.

DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 2:43am | Report
"New rule: Play AP in normal; Hybrid in Ranked; and AD whenever you want. XD"

No... i play alot of Normal games (mainly those) and i am sick and tired of seeing ppl accualy treating normal games like **** and by doing so destroying other ppl fun from the game by goin ****ing AP tryndameres... srsly... NORMALs are as good as ranked.
I agree on normals beeing used to "train" new champions but ffs treat it liek a NORMAL game.
You want to test or just screw around on "fun builds" go play coop... or even custom...

New rule: Play AD/AS Yi everywhere... dont invent the wheel again srsly.

AP or (oh god) hybrod Yi arent viable. <- this is a dot!
For me it is not more viable than AP Garen.

How can you tell it is viable? you get higher K/D Ratios? You have plenty creeps?

You have to ask yourself how usefull you are for the team not how many KSes can you get.

Srsly a WAAAAAAAAAY better is to take AP Sion... Build him the way you build AP Yi and you will be 10 times more usefull to your team.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 8:33am | Report
I still think telling people what they are good at isn't viable is silly. If someone sucks with AD Tryn do you really want them to play him that way? If you're going to say they're a noob either way wouldn't you rather they play the way they're the best at?
No matter how "unviable" it should be people still get decent stats with it: which should automatically define it as viable, even if it's "not as good".
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 8:56am | Report
NO.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 10:22am | Report
I'd say it's up to the player himself, but for the sake of one's team I think you'd better go AD/AS when choosing Yi in ranked. Elsewhat you'll just get hated for not being able to tower push quite efficiently enough.

Whoever said something about AS and Lifesteal without any damage ever heard of Wuju Style? :/ Srsly, it covers pretty well, unless late game, where you'll have to find another source of damage. IMO.

As a final:
Master Yi:
AD > AP > Hyrbrid
^This is my opinion at least.
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 10:27am | Report
I think, to get the most out of Yi, his game should go like this.
AP->Hybrid->AD He gets all the benefits with a ton of dominance. The only problem is, it's hrd to spec a rune page and mastery set for this. It's also difficult to do if you are under-farmed or have teammates who won't understand.
True love is found only in yourself.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide