Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

AS + ArmPen Twitch

Creator: Kyzbet December 23, 2010 10:49am
1 2
Kyzbet
<Member>
Kyzbet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2010 10:49am | Report
Hello,
This is how I play Twitch, just wrote my own guide.
Tell me your opinions if I need to improve something on my gamestyle.
My objective is share and learn if I'm doing something wrong.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/twitch-bc-40667

Enjoy :)
RIP Twitch, RIOT killed you :(
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2010 10:56am | Report
i'm not a twitch player, but damn those scores are nice.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2010 11:01am | Report
Hmm, the build seems pretty standard although I'd personally say you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much AS that's gimping your AD. Although Spray and Pray has been changed, I'm not sure where I stand on the build but I'd suggest maybe replacing a phantom dancer for a Tiamat and getting Boots of Mobility or Boots of Speed.

Kyzbet
<Member>
Kyzbet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2010 11:48am | Report
B-Wong wrote:

Hmm, the build seems pretty standard although I'd personally say you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much AS that's gimping your AD. Although Spray and Pray has been changed, I'm not sure where I stand on the build but I'd suggest maybe replacing a phantom dancer for a Tiamat and getting Boots of Mobility or Boots of Speed.

This is build for last update, twitch needs AS since ulti got nerfed, it doesn't give AS anymore... So you can't count on it. With this AS I get the 2.5 AS when using Q, imagine now they dont even have time to run and I can accumulate the 6 stacks in less than 3 seconds. (That's my perspective, since new update)
I think AS is very important on twitch (more than AD) since as soon you can hit the 6 stacks you're doing (lvl18) 60 damage per second during 6 seconds plus you can expunge and take a lot more damage, PLUS you can slow and keep hitting him, ofc AD is very important BUT entirely dependent on AS.

It's been working and already did a lot of triple/quadra.

About the gamestyle I still have a lot of problems on solo lane, I simply can't do it.

About boots, that's my main question... I barely see a Twitch with this boots, and I was thinking on boots of swiftness, always with Enhanced Movement 3 can let me hit Q and run after 1 or 2 attacks (even if they slow or stun, I always use cleanse). About mobility boots I don't like it, for the fact that I'm wasting a item slot on a non-attack item.

Give me your opinions, since I still have a lot to learn, and who else to teach me? :)
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2010 12:55pm | Report
Kyzbet wrote:

This is build for last update, twitch needs AS since ulti got nerfed, it doesn't give AS anymore... So you can't count on it. With this AS I get the 2.5 AS when using Q, imagine now they dont even have time to run and I can accumulate the 6 stacks in less than 3 seconds. (That's my perspective, since new update)
I think AS is very important on twitch (more than AD) since as soon you can hit the 6 stacks you're doing (lvl18) 60 damage per second during 6 seconds plus you can expunge and take a lot more damage, PLUS you can slow and keep hitting him, ofc AD is very important BUT entirely dependent on AS.

It's been working and already did a lot of triple/quadra.

About the gamestyle I still have a lot of problems on solo lane, I simply can't do it.

About boots, that's my main question... I barely see a Twitch with this boots, and I was thinking on boots of swiftness, always with Enhanced Movement 3 can let me hit Q and run after 1 or 2 attacks (even if they slow or stun, I always use cleanse). About mobility boots I don't like it, for the fact that I'm wasting a item slot on a non-attack item.

Give me your opinions, since I still have a lot to learn, and who else to teach me? :)

Thing is: hitting that attack speed cap actually sort of gimps you because you can't tell if you went past the actual limit. I.E.:

Player 1 has 3 Phantom Dancers as Master Yi and uses Highlander, his attack speed cap is obviously going to hit 2.5

Player 2 has 1 Phantom Dancer and a Stark's Fervor as Yi and he uses Highlander, his attack speed reaches 2.3 attack speed.

Just looking at the items: player 1 has 3 phantom dancers. 3x45 (attack speed) = 135%
Player 2 has 1 phantom dancer and 1 Stark's: 45 + 40 = 85%
So there's a 50% differential where player 1 reaches the cap BUT player 2 gets very close to the cap, having one spot available for another attack damage item where player 1 has an extra useless item that puts him way past the attack speed cap.

Also, isn't Twitch's ultimate limited to X amount of shots after the nerf? Attack speed won't be as great of an asset without the X amount of time to shoot unlimited amounts of shots.

Solo lane = harass with auto attacks but even more importantly: Last hit.

Boots: Well personally I'd rahter have Swiftness/Mobility/Mercury's Treads
They just have a lot more utility than Berzerker's Greaves can give you.

Kyzbet
<Member>
Kyzbet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2010 9:33am | Report
I've followed your idea and now I'm always using boots of mobility, I can easily gank so easily...
I still keep the same build, just changed boots. The 25% is not that BIG boost but the speed is a BIG boost to finish low-health enemies that stay there, or even before they can recall.

:)

B-Wong wrote:

Also, isn't Twitch's ultimate limited to X amount of shots after the nerf? Attack speed won't be as great of an asset without the X amount of time to shoot unlimited amounts of shots.

The AS thing is not only about the ULTI, it's about the stacks on poison AND on black cleaver.
So 2+ attacks in sec will reduce the armor for 60 in less than 3sec PLUS giving 60 damage during 6 seconds PLUS if I call Expunge, I can do a really hard damage and if they're melee they can't even touch me!...

So imo, it's better have a big AS boost than focus more on AD, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for opinion :)
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2010 11:21am | Report
Really Twitch benefits more on positioning and his entering time of a team fight than how fast he hits *****. lol
Kyzbet
<Member>
Kyzbet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2010 2:18pm | Report
Diesel wrote:

Really Twitch benefits more on positioning and his entering time of a team fight than how fast he hits *****. lol

Of course...!
But that's the Player attitude, we're talking here about BUILDS (item part).
Even if you get this build done and you can't position yourself with twitch you get owned in 2 hits.

Kyzbet
<Member>
Kyzbet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2010 8:33am | Report
I've been reading some Twitch guides/builds and I really can't understand why they keep saying "Twitch is bad early game champ" :?

In my opinion, Twitch is one of the best early game if you have a lane mate capable of understand your game...
He's low health for sure but he's so strong attacking, invisible + attack early ingame can give you any kill you want, just need to choose the right enemy.

----

Just inserted my build into "Recommended items" with Yaric:
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2010 8:56pm | Report
Nearly exactly how I build Twitch. Only difference is I take survibility with Banshee's Veil instead of a second Phantom Dancer as a 6th item and I take Gylphs of Shielding, MR per level is better overall. To get more ratings I would make the build description look better. Not gonna lie, it hurts my eyes a bit to read it.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide