Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

CRUCIAL Points You Always Look For In Guides?

Creator: Xaioli March 10, 2011 10:22pm
1 2
Dremu
<Member>
Dremu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2011 9:26pm | Report
I look for images showing their games, and also I look for the situational items and rune/mastery explanations also item explanations.
Dremu
<Member>
Dremu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2011 9:26pm | Report
I look for images showing their games, and also I look for the situational items and rune/mastery explanations also item explanations.
Svingas
<Member>
Svingas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2011 6:52pm | Report
I know that I am extremely critical of guides because in my opinion if you are going to make a guide at all you should take your time to make it the best you can.
Because of this, if I see a guide that has tons of grammar mistakes, I just move on to the next after maybe leaving a comment suggesting that the person check over the grammar.
I am often drawn to the summoner spells and unless the person has a very good explanation for why they choose certain spells, such as, Clarity, Heal, or Revive I move on.
Finally, I want to see somehow that you actually know the champion you are making a guide for rather than simply seeing someone else use the items and making a guide.

Check out my extensive Sivir Guide

FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 6:53am | Report
Svingas wrote:

I know that I am extremely critical of guides because in my opinion if you are going to make a guide at all you should take your time to make it the best you can.
I am often drawn to the summoner spells and unless the person has a very good explanation for why they choose certain spells, such as, Clarity, Heal, or Revive I move on.
Finally, I want to see somehow that you actually know the champion you are making a guide for rather than simply seeing someone else use the items and making a guide.

+1

However i would like to add that you should know the skills pretty much inside out and explain people how they should use them, as most people usually just spam their skills for damage during harass they end up not being able to cast the skill when it's required due to cooldown or no mana/energy.

For an example check the skill sequence in 1 of my builds.
It's probably not perfect yet, but it gives a good idea how people should sequence their skills and what to keep their skills ready for.

Besides all this i am very interested in laning (what lane you take, which laning partners are good, why)
and what you should pay attention for during certain situations.

Items and masteries, well this is what people usually come for, i myself don't really mind a build not getting the full potential out of the items as long as its fun to play with and works decently but alot of people are to competetive to agree on your "fun item" choises as they want win with a perfect score so to speak.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 12:31pm | Report
lol super double post Dremu :D

he probably lagged. :P

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2011 2:05pm | Report
Good explaination for item, etc. The will to adapt to the advice people are giving, and try it before you bash it.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2011 3:16pm | Report
Let me add 1 more thing that i forgot and editing won't show it.

A gameplay video, showing how to actually pull off all the tricks you wrote down.
Some people just can't understand it untill they see it.

It might be an idea for my guides i know, but i'm just to busy with other stuff ^_^.
Svingas
<Member>
Svingas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2011 6:31pm | Report
See I do not know how to do a gameplay video or if my computer could handle it.

Check out my extensive Sivir Guide

FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2011 7:26pm | Report
Probably something like FRAPS if thats what it was called.
Got to check that out myself to.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide