Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Help on Nidalee's build theory

Creator: apuppywithoneleg July 7, 2011 2:03am
1 2 3
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 11:22am | Report

I was answering B-Wong actually.

I disagree with it being core.

Summoner
<Member>
Summoner's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 11:38am | Report
Nashors for cougar ability spam? Really?
PINK
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 11:39am | Report
Or human ability spam...
it's CDR and AS, two things that are good on Nidalee, plus it gives decent AP.
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 12:05pm | Report
@B-Wong how can you say Lich Bane is not core on Nid? Takedown Procs ftw? Punce +AA Swipe +AA finish off with Takedown procced with Lich Bane? Thats **** tons of damage....

Edit: + It gives a decent amount of MR and some MS.
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to AlexanPT for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 12:09pm | Report
Hybrid Nidalee is fun too XD:
Doran's Ring
Boots of Swiftness
Sheen
Guinsoo's
Malady
Hextech GB
Trinity Force
Deathcap
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 12:21pm | Report

@B-Wong how can you say Lich Bane is not core on Nid? Takedown Procs ftw? Punce +AA Swipe +AA finish off with Takedown procced with Lich Bane? Thats **** tons of damage....

Edit: + It gives a decent amount of MR and some MS.

Because it's only decent. Depending on what stage of the game you're aiming to get it, you're probably going to have more problems at that stage of the game. If you're already dominating then yes, it helps push that envelope just a bit further.

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 12:40pm | Report
B-Wong wrote:

Don't rush for Lich Bane, that's pretty dumb. Depending on your situation Guinsoo's->Rabadon's->Lich Bane (even at that, it's mayyybe lich bane. Probably going for Void Staff or something else that late in the game).

Guinsoo's -> Deathcap -> Void Staff/Lich Bane -> Lich Bane/Void Staff -> GA/BV/Sunfire imo.
Tri lane for life.
apuppywithoneleg
<Member>
apuppywithoneleg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 7:55pm | Report
the lich bane is good but i tend to get targeted alot and i focus on survivability but the lich i dont get to auto attack in cougar form so much since i just spam and switch with not many auto attacks in between
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 8:00pm | Report

the lich bane is good but i tend to get targeted alot and i focus on survivability but the lich i dont get to auto attack in cougar form so much since i just spam and switch with not many auto attacks in between

Pretty much.

By the point you're going to decide with/against the Lich Bane you're going to be pretty damn late in the game and most of the time it's a lot better to go with the survivability.

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2011 9:18pm | Report
Actually responding to the OP:

If you've ever seen Hotshot play Nidalee, he takes full armor pen marks/quints and uses his spears really early on to push down towers, push waves, and harass the enemy champion endlessly. Nidalee basically never dies in a solo lane and can afford to push and harass very hard without being concerned about enemy harass. He takes Rageblade to strengthen this harass, and moreover, his tower pushing. Rageblade makes your Cougar burst combo (W+E+Q) much stronger and also helps that Q you throw to finish them.

But Hotshot only takes Rageblade if he knows he can beat the enemy laner. If it's a weak laning champion like Brand, Annie, Corki, et cetera, he'll get Rageblade and just force them out of lane. If it's a more tanky champion like Rumble, Mordekaiser, Irelia, etc, he'll rush Deathcap (or occasionally an Archangel's Staff) in order to get more AP, win poke fights at towers, and rush directly for a more support/poke oriented mid/late game Nidalee.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide