Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jarvan & Armor Pen.

Creator: PotatoWedges March 22, 2011 2:01pm
1 2
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2011 12:36pm | Report

Well I was confused by this statement as to how I would be better off with less armor pen. by not using The Brutalizer

Let's say they have, oh, 151 armor. Your current setup - ArP runes and Sunder mastery - gives you a flat 31 ArP from the get-go. With The Brutalizer, that's 51.

At 151 armor, they take only 40% damage from all physical sources.

With your 51 armor pen, you bring them to 100 armor, which is 50% damage taken from all sources.

In short, you have effectively increased your damage potential by 25%.

Now let's say you get Last Whisper. Your flat ArP comes into play first, reducing their armor to 100. Then Last Whisper kicks in and brings it down to 60. So with Brutalizer and Last Whisper, you bring them to 60 armor.

Pretend that you never bought Brutalizer, and you've just got the 31 ArP from your runes and masteries, and you bought Last Whisper. You bring 151 down to 120 with your runes and masteries, which then is lowered to 72.

In short, you are only gaining 12 armor penetration from buying The Brutalizer instead of the written 20 - this is because of the percentage based effect of Last Whisper.

TL;DR - if you're getting Last Whisper, buy straight-up AD, AS, or utility items otherwise, and not flat armor pen.
PotatoWedges
<Member>
PotatoWedges's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2011 1:35pm | Report
Okay that somewhat cleared it up..Thanks both of you. But I'm slightly confused by the numbers..lol can you change 'em to this please..if its not too much trouble >_<

Flat Armor Pen. : 40 <- (thats how much he has in my build..(39.93))
and if you do that it changes all the other numbers in relation to it =/

one more question..by what your saying.. Last Whisper and The Brutalizer don't stack to give 55%? they are both calculated separately?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2011 2:04pm | Report
They are two different types of Armor pen. The Brutalizer is Flat armor pen. Last Whisper is %Armor pen. And yes, they are calculated separately because of this

BTW Jebus, The Brutalizer only gives you 15 flat Armor pen. your calculations up above had it giving you 20.
PotatoWedges
<Member>
PotatoWedges's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2011 2:15pm | Report
WOW! I'm so ******ed...I honestly didn't see that it gives PLUS 15 armor pen. @.@'' gawd..okay I didn't even understand the whole Flat part I guess.. -_-'
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2011 3:34pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

They are two different types of Armor pen. The Brutalizer is Flat armor pen. Last Whisper is %Armor pen. And yes, they are calculated separately because of this

BTW Jebus, The Brutalizer only gives you 15 flat Armor pen. your calculations up above had it giving you 20.

Whatever, just assume I used Ghostblade. XD
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide