Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jarvan IV need some thoughts.

Creator: FreestyleZer0 March 3, 2011 12:05pm
1 2 3
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 12:05pm | Report
Ok i made a jarvan build, not entirely sure about the runes so could you guys give some feedback on those.
Also need to know whether i am missing any optional items.
How is the text, reader friendly?
What chapter(s) do you think i'm missing.

Those are my questions, help me away if you will :D.
Shadow-twin
<Member>
Shadow-twin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 11:44pm | Report
I'm on the schools wifi, in the far end of the router, so I'm snailing away like a boss atm... I have to load, then I can read lmao

Read it, pretty well :) ... I won't vote till I actually tried it ;)
"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." -Julius Caesar

Aka, we all love a pro tank
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2011 6:13am | Report
Come on, any suggestions on chapters that might be usefull that i'm missing?
Also, i gave a standard build and optional items, what do you think, am i missing any items or do you think some items are completely useless on jarvan?
And for the runes, i chose my runes based on what i thought was the primary/secondary rune principle but i'm still not sure whether i understood it right, are the runes ok or did i mix up the runes?

I'm really eagered to improve my guide :(.
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2011 8:07am | Report
don't build a bruiser like a squishy dps

that's all the advice you need.
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Hugenjpana
<Member>
Hugenjpana's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2011 9:05am | Report
Jarvan can be 100% viable as what some nerds call a *squishy dps*, or a tank, or a hybrid, he works very well no matter what. He is a very strong champion in his current state.

Movies So far:::
Corki | Kennen | Pantheon
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2011 12:56pm | Report
Hugenjpana wrote:

Jarvan can be 100% viable as what some nerds call a *squishy dps*, or a tank, or a hybrid, he works very well no matter what. He is a very strong champion in his current state.

Agreed.
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2011 1:00pm | Report
Hugenjpana wrote:

yes let's build jarvan like ashe why don't we

what you call a viable build I call a build that dies in 1 second of focus fire

would suck to die in 1 second when your job is to be in the enemy team disrupting them
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2011 2:16pm | Report
It would also suck to die not being able to kill anything quickly enough that does major damage, anyone who is not a tank with the exception of tryndamere(who happens to be squishy) and mordekaiser (this is a bruiser you are talking about) would die by being focusfired for a second or 2, and though this build is ad/as it has some survivability items, however going for more tankgear would server no purpose in this build.

This build is not squishy, it's just a little bit less resillient then what most suggest in their more tankish builds which in my opinion is not that much fun to play hence the ad/as.
The scores pretty much speak for itself as it rarely gets a even or minus score and usually a plus such as my recent win 16/5/12.

Always could do better yes but i believe this to be a decent build, i'm not asking an opinion about what build he requires.
Just want to know whether anyone knows good items for this type of build (or betters ones that could replace some items i have in the build right now).
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 3:51am | Report
Quoted:
anyone who is not a tank with the exception of tryndamere(who happens to be squishy) and mordekaiser (this is a bruiser you are talking about) would die by being focusfired for a second or 2

Irelia
Udyr
Warwick
Trundle
Blitzcrank
Xin Zhao
Olaf
Janna
Morgana
Taric
Sivir
Vladamir
Garen

just to name a few off the top of my head

i'm just saying that jarvan doesn't benefit from ad/as. if you want to play a bruiser in the sense that they actually do damage and can utilise it well, play Xin Zhao. just cause you get good scores with a bad build (see: ad soraka, ap xin zhao) doesn't mean it's good, it just means that you're playing against bad players

take it with a grain of salt
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 5:20am | Report
Sivir, seriously? she is extremely squishy.
Irelia, not really, as tanky as you might have built her she will get focusfired in 2 seconds as her life steal from R only works good enough if there are alot of minions+champions lined up.

Either way, saying he does not benefit from ad/as is like saying mordekaiser does not benefit from ap.
My build includes some defence items but any more then a total of 3 items which in some cases might be nessecary to counter some opponent's heavy fire is irrational as he is NOT a tank and NEVER will be and in other cases it might not even be nessecary which is why i made this as/ad build.

The items i normally use in the item list are usually when the opponent does not deal hardcore damage.
The optional items i usually get when they do deal hardcore damage or when they deal decent damage and are hard to chase like ashe with her slowing ranged attacks.
I have played against 500+ games players that were pre-arranged and i still got decent scores with my build despite the team losing bigtime as i soloqueu everything (some of those matches i used the optional items).
Saying the opponents were bad is the same as saying that i suck which i find very annoying (it is not the build that is possibly bad, it is the person who uses it, it is proven that it works in many other simmilar builds so give it a rest, i haven't seen people build jax with defense items other then ninja tabi, is that a bad build aswell then? no it is not, because he can deal very good damage and so can jarvan).
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide