Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jarvan IV need some thoughts.

Creator: FreestyleZer0 March 3, 2011 12:05pm
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 7:23pm | Report
You asked about the text being reader friendly, on the Summoner Spells section, the blue font is really hard on the eyes at the beginning. Kind of scared me :P Anyways, good build, I believe Jarvan can do almost anything, and have seen him in action.
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to jhoijhoi for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 1:48am | Report
Ah thanks for the feedback blackangel.
And for the comment ;).
Yes, he is very versatile, people could even tank with him or jungle(with nessecary runes and items not to mention skill in how to play him obviously).
Ofcourse he will never outshine an pure tank like rammus/shen or pure nuker like irelia/katarina but he can do anything pretty decently, allround i guess i should call it

What he can't do is heal/shield/move speed increase his allies but his cataclysm, golden aegis and demacian standard+dragon strike combination could still help allies get away or gain in on an opponent so basicly he is as much a support as he is a damage dealer or tank.

On-topic anyways, i changed the blue font.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 1:54am | Report
I'd just like to pin-point that the build is kind of expensive (items in the purchase order, any who) :) (16980 gold)

So.. Could you use X item instead of N item? Like; If you're having a sh** game, and you need some items to up your game, what could be optional to given items? (Like a "****ty Game" purchase order)

If there's an answer to above questions, you could always add that! :)
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 2:50am | Report
Hmm nice idea scrax.
Yeah will add that soon, currenty adding the optional more tanky build for those who seem to stuck in their patterns of "i build him how he is intended by riot".
Usually i just build the items anyways despite not going so great but since i get your idea i'll work on that.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 3:19am | Report
New question while i'm at it, i got 15 chapters now (14 minus versions).
Is it still something you would look at when you want to use it the best you can or is it getting to big?

*As for your idea, i think i will make it a chapter "Ooh no, i'm going ****py, how to fix this?"
explaining ****py situation item choises aswell as some idea's how to turn the tide of the battle.*
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 4:11am | Report
I don't really think you can have to many chapters (unless it's a billion useless things like "Chapter One: Boots. Chapter Two: Infinity Edge. Chapter Three: Why I chose Boots." you know :P). Often chapters can be merged together as well :)

Items can be taken under one big headline, in my opinion. Like "Itemization", or something similar :)
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 9:00am | Report
Hmmm, i think i will just merge it into 1 chapter then.
Basicly did it this way as it seemed more "neat" and "clean" instead of my old wallish chapterization.
welshdrag
<Member>
welshdrag's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 12:32pm | Report
Infinity edge shouldn't be used IMO, as jarvan isn't one of those "omg i just crit u 850 health" builds like tryn or gangplank. However... he benefits greatly off ad/as and I don't know why you say he doesn't.

As for runes, which was actually the whole basis for this thread,

Fortitude seals for that early game survivability boost, cooldown glyphs for his ult, armor pen marks for melee damage, and armor penetration or experience boost quintessences.

Tanky is a prefix to DPS, don't **** with me about Jarvan tank.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 12:41pm | Report
Hmm, those seals and glyphs i find decent yeah, also i never said he wasnt good with ad/as, he is good with those *or you not talking to me?*.
True that he does not crit 850 but 650 is still rather decent.
However i've been thinking of possibly changing that item yes.

I changed that recently to Madred's (read the itemization why).
But like i said with the Guardian Angel, the item build i gave is something i go with often but i usually change my item build according to the situation.
And Guardian Angel is just my prefference ;).
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 4:17am | Report
Ok besides the "****py game" items which i still have to test out a bit more, what would you guys want to see in a guide/build that i currently do not have in mine yet?

(I'm already working on the flash/dragon+demacian combi wall jumping locations map and i might considder adding an gameplay video once i know what program i can use for the recording and what i can use to add comments to it later on.)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide