Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My Failing Guides... :|

Creator: Vicarious Vision December 29, 2010 6:44pm
1 2
Vicarious Vision
<Member>
Vicarious Vision's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 6:44pm | Report
Hey,

I am just wondering if people could have a look at my guides and tell me what is wrong them. I am relatively new to making guides on MOBAFire and so I would like someone to tell me what should be improved. I do not know why my guides are failing as there are no comments when I get a - 1.

Please have a look and tell me what should be done as I am just trying to make helpful guides for both the newer and more experienced players alike. Any advice and other general comments are appreciated.

Thanks, - Vicarious Vision
Katarina - The Katastrophic Kitty Kat
Is out now!

I realise my guides have become outdated... Please don't remind me. I will work on them again once I have the time to do so, until then they can just be a reference to the champion and possible ways they could have been played. Sorry if this has inconvenienced anyone.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 6:53pm | Report
I don't think there's much wrong with the builds but I think it's just because... well.. they're pretty damn standard.

Runic
<Member>
Runic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 6:56pm | Report
If you want to get your builds noticed more, simply put it in your signature that way every time you post someone has the opportunity to view your guide, just a small tip.

Lady Lux Guide
(Focused on CDR for her 24 CD ult)
shinussiel
<Member>
shinussiel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 6:57pm | Report
As stated above there just isn't anything to make them stand out. There good but nothing outstanding. Keep it up though. You might not get to the top of the popularity charts but atleast you have helped a few people.
Made by Scrax
Check out my Renekton Guide (Under Construction)
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 7:08pm | Report
Like everyone else has said, there's nothing wrong with them - but there's not much going for them either.

While I don't enjoy tooting my own horn, if you look at my Amumu guide, the reason it's been able to get up pretty high is because of what sets it apart from the other Amumu guides - I go into a lot more detail. Other builds like Gangplank's DENY build become very high rated for exhibiting innovative techniques or item builds that actually function.

Also, if your build makes it to the top 10 (I believe your Miss Fortune guide was on there for a while), it gets a lot more attention. Inevitably, there are trolls who vote your guides down, hoping either to raise their own guide above yours, to knock your build off the top 10 list, or to just troll.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 7:34pm | Report
make something special. like my mage garen.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2010 11:34pm | Report
Believe me, your guides are successful. If you make it into the top 10, I'd say you're doing well. Innovation is helpful, but as with my hybrid kennen, it often ends up getting downvoted for a lack of standard. Also, there's sometimes when even the most minor deviation to standard can land you a spot in the perma-top 10, mostly because the trolls believe that certain characters should be played certain ways. take the #1 kennen for example. He got to the top 10 with exactly 1 innovating thing: lich bane. The #1 spot currently, the ashe build, builds her with a bunch of armor pen and some survivability. You don't have to reinvent the wheel to succeed as a build maker, and trying to do so may actually hurt you. Try the middle path, in which you innovate without deviating from the commonly accepted way to play a champion. An example of too much deviation from the norm can be seen in Scrax's build "Janna: A Harmless Breeze." Personally, I love the build. However, he grabbed a Nashor's Tooth (I personally think this is brilliant), and some people didn't take too lightly to that at all. Though he's remained in the top 10 consistently, I'm sure a large portion of his downvotes are from trolls who wouldn't even consider nashor's tooth on a support champion. (Just to clarify Scrax I do love your build, and I do love Nashor's on Janna)
I don't think it's your guides that are inadequate, I think your standards are set too high.

2 principles can be exhibited: people up-vote when they see something they find unique, innovative, or great that makes your guide deserving of the up-vote over some other MF/vlad guide. People (mostly trolls) down-vote when they see something out of the norm, uncommon, or anything generally unstandard. Use this tidbit to maximize upvotes and minimize downvotes.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 5:39am | Report
Thanks for mentioning me, Trojan :) Yes, I bet I got a bunch of DV's for that one. Item orders are changed now (still not nearly a normal build :P), but Nashor's remains as a 'love' item for me when it comes to Janna. Nashor has been "downgraded" to a situational item to avoid the constant -1's -.-

And yeah, there's not much else to be said than what has already been said. Sometimes the timing might f* it up for you, sometimes it will help. You just gotta give it your best shot and go for it, really :)
Vicarious Vision
<Member>
Vicarious Vision's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2011 12:40am | Report
So, if theres not much standing out in my guides... What can I do to make them more special? I need to know what i can do to make them get noticed...

I have tried to cover as much as I could think of and it has a bit of detail... What else do I need? O.o

Thanks Guys, - Vicarious Vision
Katarina - The Katastrophic Kitty Kat
Is out now!

I realise my guides have become outdated... Please don't remind me. I will work on them again once I have the time to do so, until then they can just be a reference to the champion and possible ways they could have been played. Sorry if this has inconvenienced anyone.
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2011 6:47am | Report
Make a theme to how you build and what champions you cover. If you notice in my last 2 recent builds I have taken 2 very easy-to-play champions but made the guide circling around playing them in competitive play. It has been working, somewhat, but you should always account for trolls and negative votes. That of which all 3 of my current builds have suffered. [2 have been archived]
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide