Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Should I publish my guide if I'm not gold (at...

Creator: Re4XN June 9, 2015 1:55pm
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2015 1:55pm | Report
Okay, I have a guide almost ready to be published (I just need some screenshots and write the matchups section), but I have the fear that no-one will read it (it might sound silly, but it is the truth) unless it says "high-elo". I will have absolutely no problems reaching Gold next season, but I probably came late to the party this year (I am currently Silver V).

Moreover, it is a guide for a very underplayed/underrated champion so, should I do it? I feel pretty good at playing the champion itself to the point where I'm able to write a guide and, from my point of view it seems pretty solid ATM. Should I do it this season, or next when I get to gold?

Thanks in advance :)
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2015 2:03pm | Report
People will still read it if you're not high elo, all that matters is the quality of your content. If you're confident your quality is up to par even though you're pretty low rated, go for it.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2015 6:11pm | Report
A lot of the top guide writers started off with a guide when they weren't high elo at all (even if later on they joined the masses). Just do your best and let the public help it grow!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2015 8:48pm | Report
Asking for reviews is a really good idea as well.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2015 2:54am | Report
Ok, thanks a lot guys! You gave me the motivation I needed to publish it :P
BTW, I've been checking those review shops and they seem to help improve people's guides a lot, so I'll ask for their help as well when I publish the thing (probably this weekend).
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2015 9:41am | Report
Having been in your situation 4 years ago, i'd strongly recommend you write your guide independent of your ELO. I wrote a twitch guide before he got reworked and was popular, and I'm so happy I did it. Of all guide viewing websites out there (tsm, lolking, etc.) mobafire's community is definitely the most supportive of low ELO and contrarian builds/guides

EDIT: Spelling
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2015 1:05pm | Report
utopus wrote:
Having been in your situation 4 years ago, i'd strongly recommend you write your guide independent of your ELO. I wrote a twitch guide before he got reworked and was popular, and I'm so happy I did it. Of all guide viewing websites out there (tsm, lolking, etc.) mobafire's community is definitely the most supportive of low ELO and contrarian builds/goesguides

Thanks a lot for the reply :) I am planning to publish it either tomorrow or friday/saturday :P Still some stuff to polish here and there, but I hope it's going to turn out a good enough first guide. Either way, I have you guys to help me out, am I right? xD

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide