Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Teemo: AP/AS or AD/AS?

Creator: Devilesse June 25, 2011 12:56pm
1 2
Summoner
<Member>
Summoner's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 3:26pm | Report
Well think about it - you have more damage output already with AD and then you can keep hitting them with high AS - using an Armor Penetration item like Last Whisper if they start stacking armor.

Blinding Shot is a single target skill with a decent cooldown. You can't rely on it for damage. Toxic Shot doesn't stack, multiple hits will just reset it's duration.

You just have more constant damage with AD/AS.
PINK
Devilesse
<Member>
Devilesse's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 4:01pm | Report
My build usually is pretty high AP/AS output so it ends up vamping my basic attacks with toxic quite a bit. Either ways, with Archaic Knowledge>Void Staff, I usually do a considerable amount of magic penetration as well.

As for blinding shot, I don't really use it for my main damage, but I do use it defensively. Example being for poking early game to whittle down the enemy, or stopping an enemy from attacking. It's great with a basic, blind>basic>attack spam.

I'm aware toxic shot doesn't stack the DoT, but it does carry the magic damage. If the dart stacked DoT, that would just KO people with absolutely no effort. Lol.

You can still have consistent damage with AP/AS to methinks. :D

Goodbye.

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2011 7:35pm | Report
AD is in general more utility, damage, survivability, and is just much better all around.

To get The Rain Man's view of things:

Quoted:
AP teemo cannot farm well at all, is constantly HP starved, and is way too heavily reliant on shrooms to do damage. Basically the way I see it, every shroom you use in lane for killing creeps is one less shroom that can be used for lane/map control. As for AP Teemo's scaling with his E spell, its not nearly substantial enough to justify building AP, especially since in teamfights AP teemo will be the first target, and won't get off alot of autoattacks as basically a melee mage. Mages need to be able to sit at a distance and dish out damage while staying out of harm's way, and teemo's short autoattack range does not allow him to dish out damage effectively without putting him at risk.

Post-nerf Edit: AP Teemo is even less viable as shroom damage is nerfed, cooldown is insane, and AP Teemo has even less presence on a map.

However, some early game AP from runes might be viable. If you find yourself going more of an AP build, just make sure you can still fight in a 1v1 setting without getting instagibbed.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 7:12am | Report
The Rain Man know his stuff. Build Teemo like he does.

TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 10:36am | Report
Neither AP nor AD is good for Teemo. You have to get armor and MR. Get Thornamil and FoN.

Joking.

AP/AS is better.
Summoner
<Member>
Summoner's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2011 11:46am | Report
AP/AS is NOT better. Especially if you build AS/AP Hybrid items like Guinsoo's, Nashor's and (to an extent of a hybrid) Malady.

Rain Man basically summed up why AP Teemo is painful to play. AP Teemo is heavily reliant on farm and he has problems doing it, and with such a long cooldown on his mushrooms the more he uses them for farming the less mushrooms he has on the map for control.
PINK
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide