Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[EUW] Inhouses request

Creator: Vapora Dark May 9, 2015 8:50am
1 2
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 8:50am | Report
Can we please stop pausing the game every single time someone disconnects? Who cares if it gives that person's team a disadvantage, these are meant to be for fun and I sure as hell am not having fun when we waste 10-20 minutes every inhouse day on pauses alone. Every single day we have various dc's and it's really putting me off of inhouses when we have to pause for like 5 minutes before 2 minutes because someone's DC'd. I would rather lose a game because of internet issues than have to sit there doing nothing for 5-10 minutes every single game.

Am I alone here or what?
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 8:56am | Report
I wouldn't mind playing on either, the flip-side is that the people that have internet trouble don't get to play much of the game though.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 8:57am | Report
lolnope.

'These are meant to be for fun.'

Because a disadvantage sure is fun.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 8:57am | Report
That wouldn't be fun from the disconnected player's perspective.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 9:05am | Report
The Inhouses are meant to be fun, 4v5s are not fun - that's all.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 9:19am | Report
Depends on whether you define fun as "playing with some MOBAFirians" or "winning a game" though.

But it sure looks like there are more people who prefer pausing the game.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
MrMad2000
<Member>
MrMad2000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 9:27am | Report
I think the biggest drawback of the inhouses (I've not played many and this is my opinion) is the massive wait between games. I don't care about pauses for max 10 minutes. Waiting for 40 minutes for people to rejoin the lobby annoys me. I don't mind if people have to go eat so we have to wait 10~ minutes to start. But sometimes it feels like an hour. It really does make the inhouses feel a lot more boring. I also feel like everyone just feels so dead. There's 0 humor. It's silence. No laughter or anything. I joined thinking it'd be a serious but fun experience but from what I've seen it's just a bunch of people either trolling and not trying, wanting to do well but not doing very well at the game (i fall into this category) or tryharding and dominating a game single handily.

That's just my onion on the matter.

Heh, onion... Eww I hate onions
I am currently known as Sejwoonapiggle on EUW.
Add me for any queries or questions you have for me!
Check out my stream! I could use the support.
Click here to view my stream!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 9:33am | Report
How about instead of that we stop trollpicking when we don't get our roles and bming people who are dced/lagging then spamming laugh emotes, bragging and talking **** about it in all chat? Just a thought.

Yesterday's games were worse than an average solo queue game in every aspect.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 9:42am | Report
MrMad2000 wrote:
I think the biggest drawback of the inhouses (I've not played many and this is my opinion) is the massive wait between games. I don't care about pauses for max 10 minutes. Waiting for 40 minutes for people to rejoin the lobby annoys me. I don't mind if people have to go eat so we have to wait 10~ minutes to start. But sometimes it feels like an hour. It really does make the inhouses feel a lot more boring.

This wouldn't happen if we had the same ten people ready to hop right back into the next game, but unfortunately that's not always the case. If we have to find someone to fill a spot, then we can't start before that person is found (and the game is balanced), simple as that. If we do have the same ten people, there shouldn't be a reason for it to take that long, and tbh I don't think it does.

MrMad2000 wrote:
I also feel like everyone just feels so dead. There's 0 humor. It's silence. No laughter or anything.

Are you talking about in game communication or outside of it? Because I've never had an issue with this in game (unless maybe I was put in a team in which most people didn't have mics), and out of game I feel it only happens if it takes a while for the next game to start.

Also, I hate to be that guy, but I think part of the fact that you might feel others are "dead" is because you tend to be quite vocal about pretty much everything yourself. Not everyone is like that.

@ Vapora

For the record, I disagree entirely with your post. We could discuss adding a max pause time (sometimes we end up waiting quite a while for someone to get back, which I understand can be boring), but that's about it as far as I'm concerned. If it's my lane opponent who has disconnected I also wouldn't mind going to base and "spectating" for a bit, but I'm not sure whether everyone else would be willing to do the same and I don't feel it'd be right to force people to afk for a while.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2015 9:45am | Report
I thought there already was a maximum pause time of 10 minutes? Might be worth lowering it to 5 or something though.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide