Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

EUW - SR - 09/15/2012

Creator: Nighthawk September 12, 2012 12:31pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 7:58am | Report
Luther, we did warn you, back the first time you quit. This is the second time.

Even more then that, I begged Mowen to lesson the punishment, I didn't want any punishment for you at all, except that I can see how it would be necessary. Eventually I got Mowen to lesson the punishment to 1 week instead of 2, which just means you miss this one. Even Wayne asked for a lesser punishment, we're all behind you on this.

@Wayne

I chose the time based on GMD's skype **** lol :P

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 7:59am | Report
What the **** are you talking about?

Let me make this absolutely clear

I HAVE NEVER EVER LEFT A GAME BEFORE, NOR RECEIVED ANY WARNINGS FROM ANYONE

IT WOULDNT HAVE EVEN HAPPENED ONCE IF I DIDN'T TRY TO GET SOME MORAL SUPPORT FROM MY TEAM ONLY TO BE MET WITH 'JUST ****ING LEAVE THEN, I'M SICK OF YOUR ATTITUDE'

BUT NO, I'M THE BAD GUY. THE SYSTEM WORKS!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 8:27am | Report
I see your point now
So basically what you're saying is that you didn't receive any warnings after you left the inhouse although you did apologize and according to the official rules you should receive a warning then be banned if still breaking the rules after or if you commit a huge offense.

From what you say the issue isn't fully your fault. You said you were tired and BarbJ said "leave then" if I'm not correct.

Tbh if what you say is correct I'm willing to vouch for you since I believe what you say is the truth but to be honest you could've done a lotta things better:

1) clear up the situation instead of leaving the information out for misunderstandings. You made an apology thread that didn't even cover any of what you said now. Rather it leads others to believe you left the game due to ragequitting.
2) try to explain yourself AFTER you're being accused of the bad guy rather than complaining (complaining doesn't help ;o) You made a thread saying you don't intend to play in anymore inhouses and yet you come here getting mad for not getting in one, which makes people reading what you say feel like you're immature.

Honestly though chill and stop getting mad over this. If you want a resolution you have to talk your way and compromise to get one, not whine and complain over unfairness.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 10:02am | Report
As you know, I automatically banned you from the remaining two games played last Saturday. Apart from that, I don't think any more than a warning was needed (which I've also said in the Vet forums).

You're right about the rules not stating a leave is a direct ban for two weeks.

Having said that, I still think you should either report whoever was apparently disrespecting you during the inhouses in the Blacklist thread or not mention it, this doesn't help anyone.

But yeah, I'm with you.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 11:29am | Report
Well I decided on a 1 week ban.

One of the rules is "no raging" and I think "ragequitting" is a pretty serious offense. I don't think I have to put in the rules "don't ragequit" because it should be obvious. Even if someone is being rude to you either warn them yourself (since you're a vet) or ask the host to deal with them. Ragequitting is always uncalled for and like you pointed out yourself you ruined the game for 9 other people.

The person that told him to leave has been warned.

Sorry Wayne but I don't feel like saying "hey you can't play with us next game" to someone who just ragequit is even a punishment. I mean, weren't they not going to play next game to begin with? Also it's hard to tell which games someone can / can't play that's why I'm just doing a 1 week ban to make it simple instead of "you can't play for 2 games." Yes you usually get a warning first but I feel like ragequitting is an obviously very bad thing to do in an inhouse so he's getting the smallest punishment possible besides a warning (1 week ban).

IMO if you want to continue this discussion do it in the Vet forum, I think this discussion shouldn't have been public to begin with but I want to let people know what the verdict was and how I came to that conclusion.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 11:47am | Report
In that case, why is AFKing and refusing to surrender a warning only?

I feel like you just want to make an example of me because I'm a vet and we're friends.
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 11:48am | Report
Apfeljack wrote:

If any other person left the game like you did, they'd also have a two weeks ban from inhouses.

ermmm
thats not 100% true...
ive personally sfk'd 3 inhouses myself on the NA server (dc'd once, crashed, my mom was *****ing at me to get off) and I have never been backlisted, if you guys want to backlist me though I dont mind, I always go on the stream anyways.

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 12:12pm | Report
It depends on the reason they're AFKing. A ragequit is different than having net issues or having to leave the computer due to external reasons. If they were AFKing because they didn't want to play anymore and made it obvious they were trying to ruin the game then I feel I would ban them for a week as well.

Why would I want to make an example of my friends? Cuz that makes sense... Luther I would stick to Apfel's advice about not jumping to conclusions.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 12:18pm | Report
You want to prove that you're not biased towards me because of it, so you take it further than you normally would.

I mean no one else has ever been banned (and people act like jerks all the time) and I even quoted the inhouse rules.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 12:27pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

You want to prove that you're not biased towards me because of it, so you take it further than you normally would.

I mean no one else has ever been banned (and people act like jerks all the time) and I even quoted the inhouse rules.

hypershatter received a 2 week ban, you're not the first.
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide