Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Horrible laner, but decent teamfighter?

Creator: Kirluu August 2, 2013 3:42pm
1 2
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 3:42pm | Report
Hey there, MOBAFire.

I'm having some issues when playing AD carry (Screw you, "Marksman").
I seem to do a bad job of having enough presence in my lane to be able to farm at the same level as my opponent, and typically find myself being behind in farm.
I'm typically rather passive in my laning phase, which is probably part of my problem, because my opponent takes advantage of this playstyle and uses it to zone me out slightly.

The thing is that I rather enjoy playing AD carry, but mostly outside of the laning phase. I can often go 1/2/0 in laning phase, but end the game with 11/4/10.

To better ensure myself, do you guys have any particular tips on how I can get a better experience out from my laning phase? I can't seem to crack the code, and unless my support and I are literally trashing on our opponents, I always seem to find myself being behind D:

Mechanical tips, mentality-oriented guidance, perhaps even requesting from my support to do something particular..? And help is welcome!

Kirluu~
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 7:04pm | Report
And this has to do with inhouses how?
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 7:10pm | Report
He put it in Support, but it was a question he asked in inhouses today so I moved it here. I thought the people that played with him today could help.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 7:12pm | Report
Ah, I thought he was making a general player help or something
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 7:33pm | Report
Sounds like me, lmao. I can't lane at bot as an AD carry to save my life, but I'm far better in team fights. I've honestly given up playing Marksmen in bot and prefer to ply them as solo laners because it's easier for me to duel and keep track of my farm without two other people in the lane. But hey, dont get discouraged over farm if you end the game 11/4. You get results amirite? Perhaps try a new champion that works better for you down there, for instance, I can somewhat play Caitlyn at bot, but no other marksmen, simply because she's safe and easier to farm with.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 7:48pm | Report
I used to be like that, too, mainly because I didn't really focus on learning a specific role

Try watching streams / practicing reflexes, etc.

ADC is probably the easiest role to do well with in teamfights even if you make mistakes (other than getting caught)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 7:54pm | Report
I actually think tanking is the easiest role in team fights, but then there is more margin for error, like not seeing that your team mates ults arent ready, or if they are even close by, etc. Lol.
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2013 4:43am | Report
Ugh work on getting perfect csing then work on csing and auto attacking enemy/trading at same time in lane, then work on csing then attacking enemy when they can't attack back without missing creeps.

Then work on range abusing and different matchups.

Hope this helps, probably won't though :/

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2013 6:09am | Report
Thanks for the responses thus far.

OTGBionicArm, solo-laning would really just be avoiding my problem which is laning with a support against another adc and support. o.i
Although it is of course a way to not have to deal with it, I'd rather be good at laning, rather than trying to avoid it. I won't always be able to get a solo-lane as ADC role, since it's not exactly the traditional way of doing things. ^^

Embracing, yes, it's probably a good idea to watch some streams, after all ;s
Since I'm not much of stream-watcher, and don't oftenly watch LCS, etc, could you refer me to an ADC-streamer on high level? I'd just need to have a look at the laning phase, really. ;o
^Reason for me not really watching streams, etc, is that I only have one screen, which would limit me from doing anything else while watching. :/

Oxide, if I actually manage to try to follow those steps, albeit fairly obvious steps (As in; steps I could come up with myself, if I thought about it), I'm sure I should be able to eventually improve on my laning phase. Thanks.
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Killercomic
<Member>
Killercomic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2013 8:19am | Report
Not sure how your last-hitting works out, but since that's a main part of being ADC i'm posting this anyways.

http://www.twitch.tv/cloudcarry/c/2130557

http://www.twitch.tv/cloudcarry/c/2239435
~ Nihil lacrima citius arescit, tempus fugit.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide