Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

NA -- SR -- 7/21/2012 -- Below 300 wins ONLY

Creator: wRAthoFVuLK July 15, 2012 2:12pm
1 2 3 4 5
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 8:57pm | Report
Yeah, I think once we start doing it more we will be full of lower win people, instead of having to fill in with high win players. That's pretty much what made it unbalanced. Going to try again next week and up the win cap / advertise more. So check back in this forum! :)
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 9:09pm | Report

Well the first 2 games had problems since we had to work in higher level players to fill in the gaps. So later we did ARAM's to have some fun. As always if you have feedback put it in the feedback thread. :)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 5:07am | Report
Since these are still for learning and constructive criticism, perhaps the alternative to doing full draft mode 5v5, is to break into groups of 5 and do full man premade queues. Perhaps alternate weeks with the second activity.

Ex: 7/21: 5v5 tournament draft -> ARAM
7/27: 5v5 tournament draft -> 5 man premade "normals"
8/3: 5v5 tournament draft -> 3v3 Twisted Treeline

If you get what I mean? That way people who want to play with these other dudes for "serious games" who are around actually can, instead of the CnC nights just "always" turning into ARAMs.
"You don't reach the top without a good Sherpa."
Psychofrench
<Member>
Psychofrench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 6:08am | Report
If you do it again next Saturday, I'm down. The 27th is Friday though and its my birthday, meaning I'll be out having a couple drinks.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 12:00pm | Report
Barb,

what do you mean "always" turning into ARAMs? This was the first one to turn into an ARAM because we didn't have enough people who wanted to do another normal one...

we will up the cap to 400/500 and it should fill then, np

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
TheMasterSherpa
<Member>
TheMasterSherpa's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 12:13pm | Report
Did someone end up shoutcasting it? If so, is the vid getting posted anywhere? Thanks!
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 12:54pm | Report
what do you mean "always" turning into ARAMs? This was the first one to turn into an ARAM because we didn't have enough people who wanted to do another normal one...

It seems that whenever there aren't enough people around, someone always suggests ARAM. I would like sometimes to have the ability to do a 5v5 normal game with these guys, rather than the serious games turning into ARAMs. This is not the first time this has happened, the CnC games have turned into ARAMs in the past.

Also, please stop calling me "Barb." I do not like it.

MasterSherpa: this is GrandMaster/Grandmistress's stream page. It does currently have both of the 5v5 draft games uploaded. http://www.own3d.tv/GrandmasterD#/live/157559
I support utility guided virtue ethics.
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 3:32pm | Report
BarbJ wrote:

I would like sometimes to have the ability to do a 5v5 normal game with these guys, rather than the serious games turning into ARAMs.

We did tried that in the past and it was almost impossible to balance the teams, it was making some people mad on some team because it was pretty much one-sided. We can't really make everyone happy. On the other side I wouldn't call it turning a serious game into something. Even if those games are usually used for criticism they should also be fun for both side.

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2012 7:46am | Report
Arkharan wrote:
We did tried that in the past and it was almost impossible to balance the teams

If four friends and I are going into a normal 5v5 game, what is there to balance?

You're still talking about the 5v5 inhouse matches where we play against each other. I'm saying that once we play 3 or 4 of those, or we lose a couple people and it becomes difficult to balance or people are tired and want to do something else, that we play 5 man premade normals INSTEAD of ARAM or trying to balance a 5v5 inhouse.

This way, serious game nights can stay serious (we're playing an "actual" game) instead of playing something that has no 'real game' relation.

BarbJ wrote:
5v5 tournament draft -> 5 man premade "normals"

The tournament draft referring to the full inhouse, with 10 people.
The 5 man premade "normals" is referring to separate groups of 5 people who queue together into normal games.
Interested in playing some League with other MobaFire members? Play in our weekly inhouses!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2012 4:47pm | Report
yea, that would not be a bad idea, but would be up to the players, obviously not organized by me or whoever is hosting.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide