Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

2015 World Championship discussion thread

Creator: Vynertje September 5, 2015 6:13am
Who are the favourites to win? (only included 'serious' possibilities)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 3:00pm | Report
OG winning and TSM getting rocked makes me happy and all, but CLG didn't play together which makes me sad. :[ Fnatic lost too today..

Tomorrow seems boring though. TSM finally gets thrown a bone with the team fight fight (yawn TSM. Bjergson can only carry that team so hard when he isn't exactly Faker). Don't get me wrong. I love the players on TSM, but I don't feel like they ever collectively work well together towards the same goal enough. I also think their undying hype is getting old and some other teams deserve far more praise. The fact that CLG seems to get less praise than TSM even after they smashed their faces in at the finals is atrocious.

I have no idea who the teams are that OG and CLG are facing off against tomorrow, Koo and KT? Should I be worried about my favorite teams losing to them?

Fnatic vs C9 should be a toss up, but I honestly put my money on C9. They've been preforming pretty heavily lately.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 3:06pm | Report
im sad for lgd

:(

i feel if they carried their playoff momentum we definitely would've seen better games

i hope they step it up - lgd's gameplay is extremely satisfying to watch with their side wave manipulation when they're on point
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 3:07pm | Report
Cooper112 wrote:
********. Just because they are not doing well now does not mean all there past success were wrong and there over rated.
I think Vapora is absolutely right to say they are over rated if they are preforming at worlds, which is exactly when they should be pulling out quality games. I have no idea who this team is and I've watched them get rekt twice already. I fully expect even TSM to continue the trend tomorrow, having seen them play.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 3:08pm | Report
Cooper112 wrote:
********. Just because they are not doing well now does not mean all there past success were wrong and there over rated.

Sorry buddy, but "all there past success" isn't actually much. They were one of the better chinese teams, nothing more, and I disagreed that stepping up in playoffs right as EDG stepped down made them the best team in the world. And so far it's looking as if I was right.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 3:26pm | Report
I mean, if it weren't for one messed up baron call they were going to be the ones to go to MSI, where EDG won against SKT. The praise for LGD definitely has its basis lol, especially since pros themselves rated LGD pretty highly.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 3:59pm | Report
i put c9 as winners of the group for my pick'em c: i can't not hope for them.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 4:15pm | Report
Embracing wrote:
I mean, if it weren't for one messed up baron call they were going to be the ones to go to MSI, where EDG won against SKT. The praise for LGD definitely has its basis lol, especially since pros themselves rated LGD pretty highly.

I think though that lots of people, even pros, are super quick to jump on a bandwagon based on very brief experiences. For example, pros said TL were the best team in NA just before spring split started because of how good Piglet was. That one time when DIG went on a 4 game win streak at the start of a split everyone was saying DIG had improved a lot and might be/were the best team in NA. In spring split when TSM were tied for 1st halfway through the season and TSM beat them, pros were saying that despite having lost to TSM and being 2nd in the standings CLG were still the top team in NA, because that's what everyone thought beforehand, yet CLG proceeded to drop a bunch of games and end the split 2nd or 4th or whatever it was.

Like there are so many examples of people forming opinions about teams extremely quickly and sticking to them until they're proven wrong. LGD have been strong all year long, sure, but they were nowhere near as dominant as EDG, and they're even known as being inconsistent, so I don't understand why them showing up in a few Bo5's suddenly makes them better overall better than EDG and even SKT according to many, when we've known all along that they sometimes show up really hard and fall flat at other times.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 4:49pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

During group stages, a number of the most interesting series are:

* SKT vs EDG: The #1 and 2 of last year's Mid-Season Invitational and the two favourites to win the whole thing
* Fnatic vs IG: Although the match today was rather one-sided, it's the battle between a Chinese top team and the best European team.
* KT vs LGD: #1 China vs #2 Korea, nuf' said. Talent stacked rosters
* Origen vs TSM: NA VS EU HYPE

For today, I don't think any game was worth watching because they were either one-sided or very sloppy. Tomorrow, LGD vs Origen or KT vs TSM are worth watching but for the real exciting games you should watch during the weekend.
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for those teams.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 7:09pm | Report
I'm a little disappointed in Fnatic to be honest. I didn't watch them during the LCS and was hoping for a good showing from them based off what everyone was saying about how strong they are.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2015 7:48pm | Report
we should bury Vynertje with fnatics hope of getting out of groups

Basically MOBAFire.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide