Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ahruu's thread of trying to support his way out...

Creator: Ahruu May 24, 2013 4:46am
Ahruu
<Member>
Ahruu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2013 10:24am | Report
Hopefully soon up for promotion to b1. I recently bought zed and i fell in love with him.

And AD lb in aram is op.

Don't +rep me im a bad person
Ahruu
<Member>
Ahruu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2013 12:17pm | Report
So this is the guy i've been duoqing with for some time. He's one of my best friends and i've known him since i was like 2 years old. As for lol he's definetly a lot better then silver IV and i think he would be able to compete with atleast Gold players. Just thought i'd give him a shoutout.
I'm bored

SkitzNinja
<Member>
SkitzNinja's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2013 12:37pm | Report
Ahruu wrote:

Hi there, my name is Ahruu and i'm a Eu west player.

My best role would be support and Adc. I am currently in the Bronze division 5.

Edit: Supporting is never going to get me out of bronze so **** it. Adc, mid and top will be my priorities, with adc being my best role. Supporting is actually what made me go from bronze 3 to 5, seeing as it's really hard to carry Draven's rushing SotD.

Anyways, the champs i play are the following:

Top: Cho gath, Jayce and sometimes Ad nida.
Jungle: Cho gath, nunu and sometimes kha zix.
Mid: Cho gath, kha zix, Jayce, Talon, Lux, Gragas and i am aiming to get better at Annie.
Support: Taric, Alistar, Janna and Nunu.
Adc: Ezreal, Caitlyn, Tristana, Ashe and Vayne.

I have been in Bronze 4 since 2months ago and ive failed to get promoted 7 times. Yeah.. 7 times. If you're interested in duoing (preferably adc's) with me ill be more then happy to :) Ingame name is Ahruu at EUW :)
Thanks
I know exactly how you feel, I main support, and supporting is what got me placed in Bronze 1. Fe days ago, I got to my promo series for Silver 5, the end of that day, found myself in Bronze 2. It's hard to be a good support when your ADC doesn't follow through or goes too aggressive at the wrong time. Even times where they counter themselves or pick an ADC that doesn't go with your support.
Ahruu
<Member>
Ahruu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2013 1:23pm | Report
SkitzNinja wrote:

I know exactly how you feel, I main support, and supporting is what got me placed in Bronze 1. Fe days ago, I got to my promo series for Silver 5, the end of that day, found myself in Bronze 2. It's hard to be a good support when your ADC doesn't follow through or goes too aggressive at the wrong time. Even times where they counter themselves or pick an ADC that doesn't go with your support.

Yeah it's super frustrating :C
Ahruu
<Member>
Ahruu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2013 2:50pm | Report
Honestly, this was the best ranked game i've had in a long while. I't started off horrible tho, with me giving their Udyr two kills. When i then tried engaging on Cho, i realized i have zero damage and i quickly w'ed away. After that i played really passive and farmed a whole lot. We were under in kills by 4/12 and me redeeming myself to atleast 2/2/1. When teamfights started we were first pretty behind, but due to the enemies lack of damage we finally managed to pull through.
My farm was great. I managed to get back from a setback. I did great in teamfights. My team was great. Great game.
G'night.

xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2013 7:17am | Report
Well many ppl can say they are maining support.
I also used to say that until I really started to think of what a support actually does.
I revamped my whole support play and instantly I felt free to firstpick supports aswell. Because I know, if my ADC has at least a little bit of common sense, I will win the bottom lane.
Supports do 80% of bottom lanes work until midgame.

Also your friend on S4.
He might be able to compete with Golds, Gold 5 that is.
Even I could have those stats with Kassa/Caitlyn even tho I main Jungle/Support in S4 lol.

I do not mean to offend you. But being good in the current MMR doesn't mean you are good in a way higher one. He might not lack the mechanics (as to be seen in his average stats) but general awareness of the game differ alot in silver to gold and especially gold to plat3~

Apart from that, gluck in your Quest to whatever u are aiming for :p
Ahruu
<Member>
Ahruu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2013 12:03pm | Report
xIchi wrote:

Well many ppl can say they are maining support.
I also used to say that until I really started to think of what a support actually does.
I revamped my whole support play and instantly I felt free to firstpick supports aswell. Because I know, if my ADC has at least a little bit of common sense, I will win the bottom lane.
Supports do 80% of bottom lanes work until midgame.

Also your friend on S4.
He might be able to compete with Golds, Gold 5 that is.
Even I could have those stats with Kassa/Caitlyn even tho I main Jungle/Support in S4 lol.

I do not mean to offend you. But being good in the current MMR doesn't mean you are good in a way higher one. He might not lack the mechanics (as to be seen in his average stats) but general awareness of the game differ alot in silver to gold and especially gold to plat3~

Apart from that, gluck in your Quest to whatever u are aiming for :p

Well maybe i put it the wrong way. I've seen him carrying against a full gold team when having silver teammates and one bronze (me), including Gold two Gold 1's. That one game doesn't really prove much, i know. But from what i've seen i think he could manage Gold just fine.

And on the support matter

At the start of this thread when i picked support in pretty much every game i had no trouble winning my lanes unless my adc was completely incompetent. But midgame supports have very low impact, especially in bronze where your teammates doesn't have as much experience and knowledge gameplay wise. So until i reach higher elo's, if ever, i prefer not to support.

Thanks man :)
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2013 1:14pm | Report
SkitzNinja wrote:

actually having a bad support while being a good adc is way worse than the other way round

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
1jamie50
<Member>
1jamie50's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2013 2:12pm | Report
koksei wrote:

actually having a bad support while being a good adc is way worse than the other way round

I would have to agree. A good support and a bad ADC can perform better than a good ADC and a bad support. For one, it's way more likely you're going to die as a good ADC if your support isn't warding. How do you feel safe doing anything but staying near the tower when you have one of those supports that put down 0 ward coverage? You're not going to be able to do much in lane in safety.

If you're a good support, you can actually to some extent negate your ADC being bad, it doesn't work as good the other way around.

Thanks to YayaFTW for the sig.
Ahruu
<Member>
Ahruu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 7:46am | Report
Perhaps ill get to promos some day soon, but the lp gains are so low :C

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide