Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dice's S3 Thread

Creator: EvilDice June 22, 2013 4:17pm
33 posts - page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2013 4:17pm | Report

Last update: 6/22/2013

Current Rating Platinum I
Goal Diamond I

Champion Pool
Top - Kennen, Jayce, Rumble
Mid - Ahri, Fizz, Kha'Zix, Orianna
AD - Ezreal, Graves, Tristana
Jungle - Lee Sin, Rammus
Support - i never play support

Stream - twitch.tv/dicetherice

http://www.elophant.com/league-of-legends/summoner/na/19504661

Heyyo MOBAFire, I stopped playing LoL over the winter because I was too busy. I've tried to come back multiple times since then, but I was never really feelin it because of time and stuff. I had never said that I "quit" the game, I always said that I put it on hiatus, because I wasn't naive enough to believe I wasn't going to come back :P. The game I've been playing since then has been Dustforce, which I now speedrun and will continue to speedrun. It's a really fun (and hard) game go check it out!

Annnyways I've been back for about a month now and my season 3 story so far is pretty short, preseason I just kinda ****ed around and didn't really try. I was even running killlanes bot with nomadz just for fun (we won a lot of those games tho). Even when s3 officially started I didn't really take the game seriously, and I tanked out of gold I pretty fast. A few days later I recovered and got back to gold I, and then I didn't play the game for like 2 months. Naturally I decayed back into gold II, and I came back to league and gained 75 LP to get promoted to gold I again. Maybe a week later I got to Plat V, won 4 in a row to get into a series, and it took 3 series to get to plat III. Plat III to II also took me 3 series attempts. I am gaining 25-30 lp a game.

Seeing as diamond I has around 2k players and I was in the top 1000 last season that will be my goal. I don't know if I have enough time to get there but we will see. I will view challenger as the ultimate goal for S4.

This season I am taking a much different approach to ranked.
a) I am no longer playing almost exclusively top lane.
b) I am picking to suit my team's preferences (but I avoid support at all costs)
c) I am not playing to win or for elo/swag/etc.. I am playing to improve. I try to take negatives out of my games even when I win
d) Last season I focussed on joining a team and competing at an amateur level, this season I don't really care about that I just wanna have fun.

Here's all the swag I generated S2.

Spoiler: Click to view

I don't expect to update this thread game by game, but ill update it every now and then. I'll be streaming occasionally (prolly a mix of league and dustforce) and can chat with ya/answer any questions there so be sure to follow me and give me that <3! <3

Also ask me anything you want in this thread related to the game.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2013 8:59pm | Report

kinda funny how in the first game after making this thread i catch doublelift smurfing. kinda a tough game as i won top by 50ish cs but our bot lane lost hard. doublelift did ok but didn't do much and we fell pretty far behind. the other team threw and we actually got a baron but doublelift dove a tower 1v3 and we got aced, pretty much sealing our fate =(.

as far as my own play i had a habit of killing their irelia only to die to elise ganking. needed to be more aware of the elise ganks. their elise really carried the game for them.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2013 9:12pm | Report
woo go dice

stream more :D

gud lack mang
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2013 10:13am | Report
unfortunately my headset is broken so my streams will be without a mic for the next week or so till i get a replacement =(

EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 9:23pm | Report

alright so as you can see i've been playing quite a bit of adcarry, and i hate to say it (because i didnt really want to main a role) but this is probably going to become my main role.

im liking AD because it is very easy to analyze your own play and improve it. It's really mechanics and decision making based. also, i find that bot lane is like 75% skill 25% picks, meaning even if you are "countered" you can straight outplay the opponent. i can't say this is the case for other lanes.

currently i'm favoring scaling lategame hypercarries. i initially played a lot of blue ezreal but imo he's overrated and just doesn't impact the game very much. then i moved to playing a **** ton of trist to get good at her and learn the matchups. so far ive been having mixed results, mostly with me making really bad decisions lategame but i usually win lane (except vs caitlyn.. im having problems laning vs cait). i wanted to diversify a bit so i tried twitch, which went ok and ill prolly go back to him, and then i tried out kogmaw. i really like kog cuz though his damage is insane lategame he has very little escape and is pretty much a sitting duck. this is helping me because i HAVE to position properly or i die. kog is a great hero for learning this because he is so punishing (vs trist where you just hop around and displace kids).

top of plat II atm, 1 game from series.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2013 9:32pm | Report
Stream your soloqueue games! I'd love to have another good ADC to watch.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 8:12am | Report
I'll be ready to stream league once i get my replacement headset.. which hopefully should be sometime this week :P

EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2013 9:30pm | Report

up to plat 1! 2-0d the series, first game was a complete stomp in all lanes

second game bot lost early, we didnt lose hard but when you are vs a draven you basically have to accept that you are going to get beat in lane. didn't start off too well for the other lanes either, but we slowly climbed back into the game and just overall had more damage lategame. i decided to go qss after my first 2 damage items because they had malz ww. lux landed some clutch ults and their ww just got blown up whenever he tried to engage. good work all around and we got it done!

my goal is consistancy and i'm starting to achieve that. adc is still a role that i haven't mained since season 1 (back when they went mid a lot.. oh the nostalgia) so i have a lot to learn. but so far im pretty happy with my play and im lovin the role

EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 8:34am | Report

unfortunately i couldnt avoid it forever.. i went on tilt and got demoted. like i said it happens sometimes and i just gotta bounce back now and continue to play to improve.

as you can see, as most tilts go you start off playing well enough, then just get mad and go "**** it, who cares". i had no idea how to play akali and basically just leaned back and let the losses roll in. G_G

the good news is i got my headset so i can stream now :D

H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 5:51pm | Report
hi dice
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions: