Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Elo Hell

Creator: Vapora Dark May 19, 2013 6:22am
79 posts - page 8 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Teh Grazzh0pper
<Member>
Teh Grazzh0pper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 7:56am | Report
Random question: Idk why but at Silver IV I seem to be getting +22LP or something like that when I win, but I lose like -14LP when I lose. Anyone knows why?
Thanks to VirusNG for the awesome sig!
Teh Grazzh0pper
<Member>
Teh Grazzh0pper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 8:01am | Report
Actually I don't believe in ELOHELL at all. My friend asked me to get him to silver from bronze V(he sucks at the game) and right now I'm at Bronze II after 20-30 games on his account.

I do believe that people are stuck in Bronze not because of trolls/noobs/afk, cause like what a progamer said(forgot his name), you can just carry them anyway if you are skilled enough.

AP Nunu & Willump ftw.
Thanks to VirusNG for the awesome sig!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 8:23am | Report

Random question: Idk why but at Silver IV I seem to be getting +22LP or something like that when I win, but I lose like -14LP when I lose. Anyone knows why?

It means your Elo is higher than your place in your division / tier is, so your LP gains and losses are adjusted to catch up to your Elo.

An example of how this can happen is that for a while I kept going into my promotionals, winning a game, leaving champ select to cancel my promos, winning a game to enter promos again, winning another game to win my first promos game, then leaving champ select to cancel them again. I actually did it more times than that, but using this example, I should have been in the next division with +3 wins, but instead I was in the same division as before with +3 wins. My division was lower than my Elo, because my Elo had gone up by division / LP-wise, I was stuck in the same place.

Something similar / something which produced a similar result has occurred to you. So you gain LP faster to compensate.

If you're new to ranked, then it could be because LP gains and losses are made assuming you gain ~12 elo per game, whereas you gain ~25 per game if you're new to ranked. Your elo climbs much higher than it should if you win more than you lose, so you start gaining more LP to compensate.

That's why I gained +30 LP per game towards the end of me playing on the johansebag account.
Aseafy
<Member>
Aseafy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 10:11am | Report
Honestly it is ridiculously easy to get out of bronze. In fact, that's how I started to play jungle. Winning with jungle is very very easy and does not rely on much from your team. If you belong in silver 1 - gold ish, you can first time jungle and carry yourself out with only a few losses.

And for the people who say "I can only play this one role", I only play top lane and I got my friends account out of bronze in like a couple days. And I was playing with people who weren't even ranked yet.
In-depth guide to the Twisted Treeline - Whether you want to play competitively or for fun (:
Find the fun of ranked 3's by clicking here!

Thank you to The Nameless Bard for my signature!
HolyMac04
<Member>
HolyMac04's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 12:19pm | Report
Completely valid response. Maybe in the next 50 games I will see an enemy team have an AFK player when they are clearly stomping my team.

In terms of falling, I can personally say I've never come close. I just don't understand how Riot can award 3 points for a dominating win and then take away 14 points for a 4v5 loss. It makes climbing ever more difficult. Now I'm not saying I'm an elite player by any means but there are certainly others out there who have run into string of AFK misfortune in Bronze and low Silver level games.

All I was trying to say is that not only is the skill level different(obviously) in the different brackets, but the seriousness of the competition also severely dips, and thus AFKs occur on the regular. And the current laddering system needs to punish those who go AFK harshly and punish their teammates with less conviction.

In regards to your blaming teammates phenomenon in Bronze. Absolutely nailed it on the head. Happens every single game for the losing team. And when you or they are banging on the nexus the spammed all chat reports pour in
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 12:57pm | Report
Afks may not be as uncommon in higher levels than you think. Maybe you just went through an extremely unlucky streak of afks, but I don't think I saw a single afk on this account, on either the enemy team or my team. Meanwhile, Joxuu had 6 afks in a row in Gold 1 in his ranked journey.

Yeah, I'll admit there's probably more afks in bronze and silver, but it isn't a huge factor that should be taken into account more so than in Gold. ( can't speak for plat and diamond )

Blaming also happens at higher Elo, but people tend to shut up if they're 0/5 themselves. :P ( usually )

As for the 3 points for a win thing, if you win 3 points and lose 15, your MMR / Elo is lower than your division and the system doesn't want you to go up further than you should actually be, so it adjusts your LP gains and losses to compensate and make your League catch up with your Elo, or your Elo catch up with your League Points, if you keep winning.
HolyMac04
<Member>
HolyMac04's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 3:13pm | Report
And the streak continues. Had another AFK today but fortunately bronze and low silver's find ways to lose 5v4.

Also, did not know about the compensation based on record of games played. That makes sense I guess, since often times if you win two or three in a row the lp boost is substantially higher with each consecutive win and vice versa.
HolyMac04
<Member>
HolyMac04's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 6:57pm | Report
And would you look at that. RIOT shuts down the NA ranked servers due to a problem with players going AFK and being disconnected from games. Now I know why I had that string of bad luck this past weekend lol
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 9:50am | Report
Played some more because Soulzyy is also smurfing an account in bronze and he wanted me to play with him.

I was lagging slightly in every game. I wanted to play Talon in the first game too, but Soulzyy wants to carry the account out of bronze playing only support so he can learn how to be a good support, so he wanted me to play ADC. I played badly in the Draven because of how hard it is to play a mechanically hard-ish champ with lag, so I rarely managed to catch my axes in team-fights, and of course, my team were bronze players and kept screwing up whenever we had a chance to win.

In the 2nd game I insisted on playing Talon and well, enough said.

3rd game Soulzyy decided not to play anymore, but seeing as I was on that account already I figured I'd play another game. Picked Talon and they responded with Fizz. I established lane dominance at level 2 by leaving him on about 20% HP and zoning him out.

I took E at level 3 so I could jump him whenever he got too close, but Kha'Zix ganked on 40% HP so I jumped and burst him instead, while Fizz ran after me and tried to duel me while my spells were on cooldown, as he'd recovered a lot of HP through HP pots. After my burst Kha'Zix had jumped + flashed away and run away so I fought Fizz and it was initially looking as if I was losing, but as expected, Kha died to my bleed + ignite about 2 seconds after I started fighting Fizz, so I leveled up and got double buffs and it was instantly evident Fizz was going to lose so he E'd away on 30% HP. Later on I flash + E'd him for a 2nd kill.

After this Fizz started flaming Kha'Zix on all chat as if he was winning his lane before Kha intervened and said they were going to surrender at 20. I stayed on the lane to push for a bit and hit 6, and a level 4 Kha decided to try ganking me again because he was full HP and I was on about 40% HP. It didn't really matter much because I 1-shot Kha before he could even touch me for a 3rd kill, then I recalled for an instant Tiamat.

I waited for my ult to come off of cooldown before entering the lane, then sneaked up on Fizz in stealth and 1-shot him because Tiamat op. Eventually recalled for Brutalizer and Boots of Mobility for some ultra epic roaming + damagez, and just snowballed the **** out of everyone on my team. They didn't stand a chance mid-game because I constantly caught people out, and they surrendered 25 minutes in, with everyone on their team flaming Kha because they thought it was Kha's fault that mid lost. Funny.

10/1 with Talon on the johansebag account, with 17/4.4/6.9 as my average stats.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide