Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Give me a reason to care about the E-Sports scene

Creator: Highwind017 May 28, 2013 7:38am
Highwind017
<Member>
Highwind017's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 7:38am | Report
I don't exactly pay attention to the E-Sports scene since i'm too busy playing the game in question to begin with, and when i'm off the game. I don't want to think about it as much since i'm busy with other games. Now i've noticed (really, it's very hard to miss)that there is always talk about the League E-Sports scene (4chan's /VG/ general a prime example) reguardless of where you are, people always go on about TSM and that HotshotGG bloke and stuff like that and casually talk about it all like it's saturday afternoon football. And i'm sitting there asking myself if i should even bother caring about that sort of thing when i'm still playing the game.

People obviously pay attention to the whole scene since you cannot deny that the whole scene is massive, i think i might need a crash course about it all...

Alright Mobafire, sell me this idea. Why should i care about the League of Legends E-Sports scene?
Professional Teemo Hater
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 7:41am | Report
First off you can learn which champs are viable and which are less - you learn best from the pros.

Secondly if a pro plays a champion you like to play, you can learn from how he plays and builds that champion.

Plus, it's really fun to watch! I can really recommend LCS, which starts again in a couple of weeks.

I usually put it on the background, while playing.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 7:45am | Report
You don't have to care about E-Sports, I myself don't give a lot about E-Sports myself :P

Though watching a match every once in a while can be really interesting. Like IC said, you can learn a lot from it.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Lies
<Member>
Lies's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 8:42am | Report
I just watch E-sports just for the sake of knowing their names. I get left out when someone says, "Did you see Alex Ich pull off that penta with Kha Zix?" And I'm just like sitting there asking myself who the **** is Alex Ich.

But other than that, as already stated above, I watch the pros how they play champs that I'm currently practicing. Soo, yeah.

. . .uhm, bye.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2013 9:00am | Report
The games can be very fun to watch. I was like you at first, like 'WTF is up with all this hype'. But then I watched a couple of good LCS matches and discovered some streamers that actually played UP champs I really enjoy playing, which can be very educational.

Thing is, give it a try. If you don't like it, don't follow it. Simples as that.

I enjoy watching the matches, but refrain from going any further and root for a team or engage in discussions on who is the better mid laner, etc.

Also, all-star matches were incredible. GRUNGLE FTW

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide