Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Joxuu's rankeds for Diamond 1

Creator: Joxuu October 7, 2013 11:26am
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2016 7:05pm | Report
Update after some experience playing against mid-high diamonds.

Main is diamond 3 and smurf is around half way to diamond 2 at the moment, hovering in ~50LP. Queues are around ~25 minutes which is sometimes more than the game's total length which is the biggest annoyance in playing ranked but I guess I'll try not give up this season like the last two and try to get higher diamonds.

I can straight up admit my top lane skill is not enough to play consistently well as I face higher ranked opponents. I can outplay and win my lanes more or less in lower diamonds but I'm starting to prefer lanes where I just farm it out the higher I get. I'm confident in not losing lane against same elo opponents but I won't be carrying the games with my own play. I rely on my team doing something with me basically.

Staying even/farm lanes work out for me as I pretty much only play tanks top lane against other tanks so there's not much kill potential to begin with but I've faced few D1 top lanes playing bruisers where they just knew their **** better than I did and I couldn't do much other than try to stay even and make plays in other lanes. Results vary against same ranked opponents but imo I should win my lane more often to climb the ladder with confidence.

I'm still confident in my jungle play like some of the junglers I meet in ranked are boosted monkeys with no impact on the game until 20th minute mark when it's too late already. Problem is I'm getting top lane more often than I get jungle. Last 20 games I've played 14 times top, 4 times jungle, 2 times support on my main account. Not really sure what to do at the moment to be honest. I find top lane boring as tits and I would need to play it more often to get better but I'm not sure if I want to do that lol.

Guess I'll play and see what happens.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2016 4:47pm | Report
That being said, I just had really good top lane games today and a horrible jungle game.

Close to diamond 2 promotions, would be there already if adc didn't have unlucky DC in the Kha'Zix game when we were winning.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2016 5:53pm | Report
stop building red smite
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2016 6:09pm | Report
But it's good vs tanks.

Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2016 10:48pm | Report
go gettem joxuu
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2016 12:13am | Report
unless their comp is 5 tanks take blue or green smite
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2016 12:14am | Report
you've finally entered queue time hell, good luck friend there is no escape except going back down

from my experience, I get jungle by far the most when I queue Jungle/Mid, but I am better at top/adc for secondary, so I'll usually queue for those instead. top lane is a lot more common to get compared to adc/mid, but top is my second best role, so I'll usually just bite the bullet and queue for jg/top
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2016 1:26am | Report
Red smite is better for duelling/fighting in general, the damage is higher than blue smite even if you only auto-attack your enemy once, and the difference just gets bigger and bigger the longer the duel, + you take 20% less damage.

I haven't played Kha jungle in ages but I don't see why blue smite would be unquestionably stronger than red smite, it's not as if an assassin with Youmuu's and a 10k range jump needs much help sticking to his enemies. :P
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2016 1:42am | Report
you can jump smite people to slow them down for w, and once w hits you get passive slows and they are dead

red smite has its uses though, its a game to game decision for me. khazix doesnt really need the extra damage usually, so extra instant burst + extra slow from blue smite is generally agreed upon to be better. he doesn't really duel people anyway, hes more of a instantly kill you or die trying kind of champ
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2016 3:12am | Report
I'll keep in mind. Assassin/damage junglers are a new pick up for me as Cinderhulk junglers aren't going too strong at the moment. Thanks for the insights.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide