Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Luther's Witty Thread Title

Creator: Luther3000 May 5, 2015 4:00pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2015 7:28am | Report
Huh, that's funny. I could've sworn there was no Ashe there last time I checked.

Think I might go get an eyesight test soon, it could be that I need new glasses. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2015 10:29am | Report
So uh I guess I should update this ish.

I don't think I'll ever overcome my anxiety about playing ranked and for whatever reasons I still don't have anyone to play with regularly after 4 years, so I guess I'm just done for this season, especially considering my MMR is completely ruined and I'm stuck at plat 5 0 LP. Probably only going to be playing to prevent decay from now on, unless something comes up.

rip dreams
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2015 10:34am | Report
Sad to hear. Wouldn't mind playing with you at all since you've always played well when I played with you in inhouses. Sadly I don't have a second account available for that though and even if I wanted to on my main, riot doesn't allow me to anymore :/
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2015 2:15pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
and for whatever reasons I still don't have anyone to play with

Mah feelers are hurt ;_:

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2015 3:46pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Sad to hear. Wouldn't mind playing with you at all since you've always played well when I played with you in inhouses. Sadly I don't have a second account available for that though and even if I wanted to on my main, riot doesn't allow me to anymore :/

T-thanks friend.

The problem's a little more than just that no one wants to play with me, it's also that I get really nervous and anxious about playing ranked. Even when I play with Wayne it still happens and I've known him for 3 years and trust him 100%. I feel like it affects my play in general because I second guess myself constantly, particularly when other people start questioning me and/or flaming. I honestly think I can play at a diamond level when I'm with a good support based on comparison to diamond players I know and checking enemy bot lane ratings after games, but when I play in solo (ok duo) queue it always seems to fall apart and it's very frustrating.

I tend to say no or make excuses when most people ask me to duo because I don't know them well enough or trust them enough and I'd be way more nervous and uncomfortable than usual and probably tilt. Right now there's only about three people I like enough that I'd say yes if they asked me to duo, and even with them there's a good chance I'd try to get out of it unless I was in a particularly good mood.

It's just a little depressing that practically everyone I know is spamming games and getting diamond and I'm just sitting here watching and barely playing at all. I'm by far the lowest rated out of my friends and I don't really feel like I deserve to be.

I dunno, maybe one day I'll just man up and spam solo queue. I've been thinking that for over 3 years though, so uhh yeah...

LevasK wrote:

Mah feelers are hurt ;_:

u suk lol

:^)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2015 3:32am | Report
Hey man, I've got an idea. It sounds crazy, but hear me out.

Okay, so my idea is that we start duo queueing, and before each game, I gave you a nice inspirational pep talk about how you're a good player and strong human being and you can do this. When we get in the game, ultimately you'll still be affected by nerves and crumble, but through the mighty strength of Talon's back, we'll win anyway. After this happens a few times, you'll realize that no matter how hard you feed or fail, you'll still win anyway, and upon learning this, you'll start to become less nervous about your performance, knowing it doesn't matter much, and ironically this makes you start to play to your full potential. Soon our games start to become a joint-carry effort, and in a game where I get camped and feed because I'm wasting my gold on wards which I'm not even paying attention to, we still win the game on your back. Eventually we'll have to stop duo queueing because I got an offer as CLG's new mid laner, where I'll ultimately get benched after a few weeks after I ragequit every game that Talon gets banned in, but it doesn't matter because you don't need me anymore, you're not the tiny lil caterpillar you used to be, you're now a beautiful butterfly who can carry the weight of any feeder on your mighty wings, and now, nothing can stop you from reaching your true potential and crushing anyone in your way as you climb up to the rank 1 on the EUW ladder, where after the disaster of a pickup that was Vapora Dark, CLG will take back their previous mid laner Faker, and finally look to replace Doublelift, and turn to you, the shining star in solo queue that everyone is talking about, who many think could be the strongest AD carry in the world. Should you accept, you prove the rumours to be true, carrying CLG to worlds and actually winning it as well. CLG will have finally won something since recruiting Doublelift, and it'll have been all thanks to you. Skygoat. (Or Luther3000, whichever you prefer)

I know it sounds crazy, but if you just give me a chance, I think it could happen.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2015 4:58am | Report
After this happens a few times, you'll realize that no matter how hard you feed or fail, you'll still win anyway, and upon learning this, you'll start to become less nervous about your performance, knowing it doesn't matter much
Can confirm, go for it Luther!
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2015 10:59am | Report

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2015 9:41am | Report
Playing duo q with Joxuu:

4 ADC mains, we were winning really hard in early/mid game but Leblanc got fed as **** and Viktor kept on mispositioning in the front line while Jax was insisting on splitpushing top. Our teamfighting was just generally awful.

Kalista sucked. She was down 50 cs and just sat bot lane tiltpush feeding over and over and got to win anyway because Rengar and Nidalee were fed and destroying our entire team afwahersdfewwherbertegerhwotjierbomreijmdoytketyhrekyjrfk

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

gold 1 hype
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2015 6:49am | Report
Day 843:

Still trapped in the wasteland. Monsters all over the place. No support or friends to be found anywhere. Loneliness is unbearable. Running low on food and water. Not sure how much longer I can hold out. Getting desperate. If anyone reads this please god send hel

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide