's Forum Avatar

Ranked? Such a nonsense...

Creator: Jaster111 January 8, 2013 1:18pm
Jaster111
<Member>
Jaster111's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 8, 2013 1:18pm | Report
So basically, I was playing Dr. Mundo solo top against Cho'Gath and I owned him and all the other players in the enemy team. Still there was a fed Draven. My team repeadately fed him though I said them not to. I ended up having 12/4/5 and ganking everywhere. Currently I'm in "ELOHELL" (so yeah im 980 elo though I was 1254).
This ranked matchmaking makes no sense. Basically, you end up with some douc*ebags that feed and they even don't have the same skills like you. Is there a way to improve my team? Maybe some morale boosting (no, not thinking of in-game Gangplank morale boost)? Before this game I won 4 rankeds in a row and always ended up with positive score. Please be nice and consolate me :( I'm very sad because this happened because now I see that nothing is fair... Even video-games.

~Cerialkiller323
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 8, 2013 1:22pm | Report
Well, there are 2 things you can do:

1. You can have fun and do a lot of normal/low elo matches where you just mess around a bit :D
2. You find a ranked team that cooperates well and are also fun to hang out with, so you can raid your elo anyway.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 8, 2013 1:28pm | Report
If you win games, you'll eventually get better players with a better attitude.

Wayne3100
<Community Manager>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 8, 2013 2:42pm | Report
Jaster111 wrote:
Before this game I won 4 rankeds in a row and always ended up with positive score

So you're saying you won 4, then lost 1 and now the system sucks? o_o

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
sirell
<Scout>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 8, 2013 2:47pm | Report
I won my lane once in ranked as Ezreal. But top was feeding Jax hard and mid wasn't too far ahead himself.

Anyway, come teamfights Alistar and Lee Sin kept ******edly hitting Jax into my face. I wasted at least 3-4 Arcane Shifts to get away, return to the battle, only to have him hit to me again, wasting another Arcane Shift, but still dying. In total, this happened 3 times throughout the game. I wasn't out of position, but ******ed support and jungler hit the most dangerous champion on the enemy team towards me. Suffice to say, I lost that game.

After talking about it with one of my friends, he concluded that I simply wasn't good enough.

Here's the advice he gave:

Stomp your lane. Then go stomp the adjacent lane. Then carry the game. If you can't do this, you're not good enough.

Now, I know you get bad games where teams are really ****, but the dude had a point. I thought it over as I was playing a few more games.

There is no Elo Hell. If you're not good enough to carry your game, then you deserve your Elo.

After thinking about this, I played a game as Vladimir in ranked, whom I had not touched since pre-S3 changes. I entered the game with the ambition to pwn at least 2 lanes. Unfortunately, I had trouble against Cho'Gath mid. I maintained level farming with him, HOWEVER, I scored kills via other lanes. 1 kill top and 2 kills bottom let me snowball hard. It also took pressure off my teammates too.

The only death I got was from a misclick on my part. I pressed W instead of R, so I ended up in a useless pool doing nothing and died as soon as I got out.

tl;dr - Just get better.

Having a duoq partner also helps, though.

You need to log in before commenting.