Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[S5] XeresAce's ranked adventures: so it begins

Creator: XeresAce February 9, 2015 6:22pm
1 2
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2015 6:22pm | Report
Hi all, I see a lot of people posting their ranked journey thingies and I wanted to hop onto the bandwagon :P

So far, I ended 7/3 in my provisional's which placed me in gold II ( 1 tier higher than what I finished with last season)

Generally, I play mid and support but can usually derp around in other roles. I don't take the game too seriously nor do I play very often (sometimes with 1 month breaks in between) so generally I'm out of practice. In this thread I'll try and take note of some things which I believe will help me out in the future. I wish this thread can provide some insight to lower ranked players, and as for the higher ranks - I hope to receive their criticism and ultimately improve.
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2015 7:06pm | Report

Soooo I kinda had to jungle.

Things I need to improve on: Jungling in general. I despise this role and never made an effort to learn it as I find it's the most boring piece of **** role that ever existed. Don't think I'll ever improve on this, since I have to jungle maybe once every 30 games xD

Things I did well on: I warded a lot, cleared out a few wards and peeled for jinx as much as my kit allowed me too. I also stole heca's red at lvl 2 which should've set him behind but he just ganked botlane at lvl 3 and didn't give a **** LOL

Final verdict: screw jungling.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2015 7:09pm | Report
I'm not psychic qq

Also Nunu & Willump is, for me, really hard to jungle with. You need to know timers buy wards and REALLY deny your opponent while tanking towers in ganks and making sure your team is so ahead that by the time your champ becomes a walking bloodboil it's won
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2015 7:52pm | Report
He is, but I don't really have anyone else that's even a semblance of a viable jungler atm except maybe warwick LOL

anyyyways

Things I need to improve on: Trusting my team mates. We had no reliable waveclear this game (I first picked nidalee) so they just zerg rushed out base. Knowing when and how to engage - most of the times I went in with Spear>pounce combo ended up with me dying. I did get a kill each time I had the balls to go but I don't think it was worth it. And, obviously, farming was very difficult vs ori who has stupid wave control :X
Also, 3 of my deaths were due to 1v1's suddenly turning into 2v1's due to GP's ult. I need to be more aware of global ults and their cool-downs.

Things I did well: Opting for archangels instead of morrellos as a first item. This was literally what kept me in the game since people were getting so big the only way I could stay relevant was by spamming Spear everytime it was off CD LOL Also, it provides like 50 less ap than rabbadons but that shield and unlimited spammage make up for it damage-wise.

Hitting spears! I actually hit a fair amount, including 1 at lvl 1 which got ori down to 70~% and she had to recall which gave me a small level advantage :D I was also toe to toe with ori during the entire laning phase, which I think, considering my lack of safe waveclear, was pretty impressive.

Final verdict: Bad game is bad. Our lee and vayne preformed quite... disappointingly. Vayne went balls deep every teamfight without having the mechanics to back it up, and lee... well, let's just say he missed more Q's than I missed spears :P He also tried to do a few ward kicks which ended up with him kicking enemies away... durp

Oh, and our team had 0 synergy. Props to riven for staying relevant damage-wise, despite GP getting a few cheesy assists to boost his gold. Thresh was great - hit most hooks and his lanterns were on point, sadly his adc sucked. I didn't play well at all, only managing to go even in lane and then not really contributing much to fights apart from some poke.

I really ought to stay with picks which can actually clear waves if I'm picking first next time.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2015 4:14am | Report
I can kinda understand you having low cs, but what was Ori's excuse?

Anyway good luck buddy c:
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2015 12:08pm | Report
Played soooo much, I couldn't really document every game :P Will update soon explaining the situation.

EDIT: Current status:

W/L: 13/6, in promotions for Gold I
Had 6 wins in a row which felt really good x)
I also had 1 loss with ahri though, in which I just got wrecked by jayce and my whole team more or less lost lanes. Kind of a cancerous game from which you can't learn a lot so eh.

My wins were all fine and dandy, especially some really cool janna flash>ults. One of these games (the morg one) we were matched with all previous diamonds, and the skill disparity was very very evident. I did get a few good ults though, and a very very nice catch on leblanc near the end which ended up being VERY impactful. I think I could've died less, but I like making really ballzy engages from time to time so most of my deaths were a result of that. My warding was sufficient for my own tastes, and nobody on the team complained for vision so yeah. Me and my Duo Q partner (ruruchi, we've been duoing since season 2 :D ) won all of our lanes when we laned together (every game shown bar the garen one) and he didn't have any remarks so I think I did well enough in laning. Overall I'm satisfied and very very happy :D
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2015 5:02pm | Report

A lot happened in between this game and the last ones I posted, namely stomps. Lots and lots of stomps. I ended up on the losing side a bit but hey what can you do... Still hovering around high gold, and have been in promotions twice, the third time being right now (after this game). I've recently decided to just post the more interesting or unusual games since if someone wants to see a stomp they can just go look at every ranked thread out there xD I AM doing this for my own improvement rather than somebody else's entertainment but out of analyzing so many mistakes you end up getting a headache instead of actually learning something :X

Anyways, I completely outpoked sona in lane 8) We also had some pretty good map control bot which let us get quite a few cheesy kills which made my gold flow ridiculous, so I just decided to ham it and go full ap. This ended up winning us the last teamfight since I could heal through a graves+LB burst combo quite easily, and my ridiculous heals managed to turn hecarim getting caught into a surprising engage which ended up in our favour...

Soraka op

One thing I really should've done better was being more mindful of Kennen ults (DAMN those things hurt) and generally not underestimate leblancs damage, even Q+W hurts like a *****.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2015 12:54pm | Report
I DID IT BOIZ

Now it's time for diamond 8)
lanilwow
<Member>
lanilwow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2015 3:07pm | Report

I think that says it all!

Congrats!
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2015 3:35pm | Report
^ ty :D

Lulu is fun. Using ridiculously unconventional builds to full effect is also fun. I think righteous glory won us this game xD
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide