Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Savlonic's Suave Saunter to Diamond.

Creator: Savlonic December 17, 2014 5:08pm
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 2:05pm | Report
I'm sorry you misunderstood my point (which, I admit, probably wasn't entirely clear), but there's really no need to be rude about it.
Savlonic
<Member>
Savlonic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 2:36pm | Report
This invigorating discussion aside.

Lane was dull, farm mainly. Only died once, teemo was trash, as is expected. Got carried hard by jayce, our kat rushed mejai and never got a worth amount of stacks, decided to keep it... fantastic. Constantly ****ting on others for mistakes, but our lee I think was our main reason we lost, we were getting our first drag, and he was waiting for smite, walking around pit instead of doing damage... I normally don't yell at people who can't hear me to begin with, but I think the neighbors might have heard me at that moment in time.

This is why I usually don't bother staying in end game lobby after a defeat.

No kill pressure on singed so top was /shrug. Mid did ok until team fights, jungle did well too. But bot got 9-0'd after vayne afk'd in jungle as enemy invaded.

Had pick order priority over this gnar.. but I felt like being a 'good guy', and good god I need to be an ******* more often. He got stomped by panth, 2v2 was fine till panth/entire team roamed bot and forced to inhib. Match making suddenly has taken a liking for putting me on the disadvantaged team. Wish people would stop picking war, he's actually useless...
Sig by TheNameless ^ Check out my Nasus guide ^
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 2:43pm | Report

An interesting video that i saw on the league subreddit the other day. The reason your post game lobbies are so toxic is because people in your lobby think they are really good at the game and they scrutinize mistakes other players make.

In diamond, the post game chats are quite breve, and are usually slightly respectful in that things people say are something along the lines of "gg", or "wp thresh". Something to look forward to on your trek to diamond is that you won't get bashed for the mistakes you make. There's a kind of understanding that happens, where players will just know whether they made a mistake, and will not need to be taught so.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 2:57pm | Report
Savlonic wrote:
This is why I usually don't bother staying in end game lobby after a defeat.
I know the feeling and I regularly didn't stick around myself for similar reasons, but started doing so because it was clearly bothersome that I wasn't and, for the most part, I'd hit a point where people rarely said anything in the end game chat anyways. They just save the toxicity for all-chat while the game is still going on. I've muted eight out of ten people in a game more than a few times because they wouldn't shut the **** up in all-chat.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 3:07pm | Report
I hate the "plat so toxic omg" circlejerk. I've spent all season switching between Platinum and Diamond and there's literally no difference. Platinum isn't any more toxic than Diamond, or at least not in a noticeable way. Meanwhile, whenever I find a bronze in teambuilder, they'll flame their gold+ team like no plat player ever could; and that's in a normal game.

People who think Plat is the most toxic Elo need to remember that the lower Elo you are, the newer the players you play with are likely to be. And new players are less likely to have ever been banned/chat restricted for toxicity. Which means statistically, bronze should logically be the most toxic Elo.

Go smurf in bronze and you'll see how the theory holds up; any game your team isn't stomping in (and sometimes even despite it), you'll see more toxicity than you have in your last 10 plat games put together. Anyone who's that toxic would be banned long before they ever became good enough to reach plat.
Savlonic
<Member>
Savlonic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 3:32pm | Report
Never said I thought plat was most toxic, it's just I never want to stay in end game lobby for more than a split second regardless of division due to how "cringingly" irritating it is to not immediately leave after a defeat.

On another note, it is pretty hilarious to see ****ters in silver or lower try to make fun of you if you don't go 20-0 in a role you barely play in normals.
Sig by TheNameless ^ Check out my Nasus guide ^
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 3:38pm | Report
It would seem, based on the population of the tiers (not sure how recent this is given the lack of Master tier in there), that it's likely that most of the new players end up in Silver V. It's (allegedly) the most populated division in the world in solo queue by a fair margin and is much more highly populated than anything in Bronze.

EDIT: Huh. There are more people in Silver V and Gold V than there are in the bottom three divisions of Bronze if that information is accurate.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 3:56pm | Report
It would seem, based on the population of the tiers (not sure how recent this is given the lack of Master tier in there), that it's likely that most of the new players end up in Silver V. It's (allegedly) the most populated division in the world in solo queue by a fair margin and is much more highly populated than anything in Bronze.

EDIT: Huh. There are more people in Silver V and Gold V than there are in the bottom three divisions of Bronze if that information is accurate.

It's the most populated division because you're more likely to get placed in silver than in bronze from placements, and it's extremely hard to get demoted to bronze once you've secured silver. Probably over half the silver 5 population has bronze MMR.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 3:58pm | Report
Savlonic wrote:
Never said I thought plat was most toxic, it's just I never want to stay in end game lobby for more than a split second regardless of division due to how "cringingly" irritating it is to not immediately leave after a defeat.

On another note, it is pretty hilarious to see ****ters in silver or lower try to make fun of you if you don't go 20-0 in a role you barely play in normals.

I wasn't responding to you, I was talking about the video utopus posted. :P
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 4:13pm | Report
@Other post I know, it was just interesting to see how the population of players was spread between the tiers.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide