Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Super OTG World: Season 5 Shenanigans

Creator: OTGBionicArm January 7, 2015 1:20pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 19
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 1:20pm | Report

Hey MOBAFire. Been a while since I actually had a ranked thread going and I'm actually trying harder this time around in S5 (after S4 didn't turn out the way I expected). I'll try to be in depth about my games as possible and critique my own gameplay as well as the gameplay of others in my game. I'm looking for strong critique from others as well. See something wrong with my builds or skills orders? Please tell me! This thread is about me learning, so don't be shy to tell me anything that could help me improve.

This will also be the first season I will be actively trying to play with top tier champions instead of just my favorites.

Here's my current working roster of comfort picks;

And now, here we go; Game 1:

Runes:
Armor Quints, Flat health Seals, MR Glyphs and Magic Pen Marks

Masteries:
0/16/14

Things I learned:
Things I need to improve:
  • Better timing on Howling Gale as well as being less obvious with it.
  • Learn better use of Monsoon. Though this game wasn't a good game to use it beyond healing the team.

Summary:

This was a quick and easy game. Amumu was just everywhere and generally outjungling Shaco. Corki wasn't farming well, but we seemed to just thoroughly dumpster Alistar and Graves in fights due to better mechanics and Amumu's help. We secured every dragon, and Corki only fell once because 4 people showed up bot. Wukong was getting **** up by Teemo but they mostly flamed eachother in chat the entire game and not much else.

Question of the game:
Is there an oncoming storm (hue) of Janna nerfs coming?
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 1:27pm | Report
Have you stopped playing Nasus?
also **** azir.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 1:28pm | Report
I use a different setup (different runes, masteries and items) for Janna but I think your build was fine. Can give you my setup if you wanna try it out or anything.

I don't think Janna will ger nerfed, or at least I hope she doesn't. Although she's annoying I don't think she's overpowered. E's a great ability and she's tough to kill after level 6, but that's what makes her unique.

What is your goal for season 5 in terms of rating?

edit: Also if you're gonna size your screenshots to be that small you should link them to the full size screenshot so ppl can click them and see the stats and stuff. [url=http://i.imgur.com/pEbLxSD.png][img=http://i.imgur.com/pEbLxSD.png][/url] y'know?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 1:28pm | Report
Have you stopped playing Nasus?
also **** azir.

I stopped playing doge like mid S4. He got replaced by Aatrox and Jarvan IV. This seasons gonna be mostly OP's tho. and hey I like birdman.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 1:30pm | Report
Quoted:
I use a different setup (different runes, masteries and items) for Janna but I think your build was fine. Can give you my setup if you wanna try it out or anything.

I don't think Janna will ger nerfed, or at least I hope she doesn't. Although she's annoying I don't think she's overpowered. E's a great ability and she's tough to kill after level 6, but that's what makes her unique.

What is your goal for season 5 in terms of rating?

Yea, that'd be very helpful to see your build.

I saw on the PBE they plan on reducing the width of Howling Gale, which I think is unfair as hell (as this is her easiest to avoid ability).

As for goals, steps at a time. My goal since S3 has been plat, cause I've just been floating in gold V for 3 years. :/
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 1:32pm | Report
what are you using 16 in def for, I thought you are a manly man....

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 1:33pm | Report
I am sorry, koksei! should I go 21/0/9 ***kicker Janna?
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 1:33pm | Report
I've got two builds, Classic Janna or aggressive Janna? And do you want 'em here or PM/skype?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 1:37pm | Report
You can post them here. I have to go to dinner and I can read it when I get back. I personally prefer more defensive or tanky supports, but am willing to experiment.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2015 1:45pm | Report
Janna's Q width is severely nerfed right now on PBE, you can be pretty much 100% sure nerfs are coming next patch.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 19

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide