Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Super OTG World: Season 5 Shenanigans

Creator: OTGBionicArm January 7, 2015 1:20pm
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 6:54pm | Report

Game 16

I think it's time to quit League again. I can't even dodge games. I am stuck with **** like this damn Cho support every game.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 7:31pm | Report
Yeah. I think it's like a 7 game loss spree now?

I think this game is actually making me want to kill myself.
And I'm actually not kidding about that.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 7:36pm | Report
Just stop playing man. Take a break. We're like five days into the season.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 7:37pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
Just stop playing man. Take a break. We're like five days into the season.

And somehow, despite my best efforts, I'm 5-12. How is that even possible? Even terrible players usually have over a 50% ratio.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 7:38pm | Report
Winrate is completely meaningless over so few games. Just relax and come back to it when you feel better.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 7:42pm | Report
That's the problem. I need to fix it. It's like a ravenous plague that consumes me. I need to fix a completely irrelevant and pointless number. And not even to impress people on the internet. Who ****ing cares about that. I just can't stand the ****ing number being negative.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2015 2:11pm | Report
So uh, I'm gonna be redoing my roster today. I'm clearly not having any fun or doing any better by gimping myself playing OP's for the sake of playing OPs.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2015 3:11pm | Report
Hey OTG, want my advice? **** waiting for you to answer that though, read on if you want it, ignore it if you don't.

You should stop taking ranked so seriously, you seem to force yourself to play it to get your rank up rather than because you want to have fun playing League. The fact that you've apparently been playing OPs just for the sake of playing OPs makes it sound likely.

I can't speak for other people, but in my own personal experience, I've always done much better when I just didn't give a **** about my rank. In season 3 it took me months to get to gold. Once I'd finally got it, I decided it was time to relax, no need to grind ranked any more because I had plenty of time to get plat before the season ended. So I started just playing ranked casually whenever I felt like it purely for fun, and I casually climbed to gold 4, gold 3, gold 2, gold 1... Before I knew it I was plat within a month or so after struggling to get to gold from silver 1 for months, and I hadn't even been trying to get it.

Then once I hit plat, Diamond became a realistic option and the grind began once more... Only to go on such a big losing streak that I went as far as to gain 6 LP per game in plat 5 before my MMR finally fixed itself. I never even got Diamond that season. And this season it was the same, at the start I tried to grind my way from gold 1 to plat 5 to get diamond ASAP, only to fail miserably and and get demoted until I was bouncing back and forth from gold 2 and gold 3. Eventually my grinding came to a halt when I finally hit plat 5 after 200 games, having previously been a plat 1 player. I kinda gave up on Diamond for the time being after that as it seemed obvious that I wasn't that level of a player.

And then I created hey its talon, a Talon only account I was just going to play on "casually", "for fun". And boom I hit diamond in 100 games. 80 games later I had diamond 1 MMR in diamond 2. Then, the grind to Diamond 1 began. And boom, loss streak again. I dropped down to diamond 3 and lost like 5 games in a row at 0 LP before giving up on my diamond 1 dreams for the season. Then I climbed from plat 5 to diamond 5 on my main in no time once getting Diamond didn't feel like a big deal to me anymore.

See the pattern? Every time I don't give a **** about what my rank is, I climb faster than Thalia Kael's mom onto my ****, and every time I try to get to a specific rank, no matter how near it is, I tilt and drop faster than my **** when I see Luther's mom.

The morale of the story, is that we both need to learn, to STOP GIVING A ****. Don't pay attention to your LP, don't pay attention to your division. It's unnecessary information. Play whatever you want, whatever you find the most fun. Sure you'll still get mad about losing if you felt you played well, so do I, even in normals. But the difference is that rather than thinking "**** sake man now I'm 0 LP again", you'll just be raging about whatever happened in that game. Then once you get into champion select you'll have forgotten all about that game and can start the next with a hopefully positive outlook. If you're focusing on your rank, then you'll still be thinking about it even during the next game, praying that your ******ed *** team doesn't give you another loss and get you demoted or-

See, thinking about that does you absolutely no good. Forget about it. Ignore your LP, ignore your W/L, ignore your rank. Play for fun. Ranked is your new normals. Play Graves, play Viktor, play Jayce, play whatever you feel like playing. Focus on enjoying each game, not on the grind.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2015 3:18pm | Report
erm I don't really appreciate that kind of humor, might want to edit that one out
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2015 3:24pm | Report
Done.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide