Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Odyssey: Rudyards is Going For the Gold

Creator: rudyards June 16, 2013 8:04pm
1 2
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2013 8:04pm | Report
Hey, I'm Rudyards. You may know me from casting the Mobafire Inhouse tournament, or maybe from me reviewing almost every guide that gets posted to Mobafire. I've struggled with ladder anxiety for a while, preferring to stick to Normals. However, I've decided to get over it and try to just boot camp out games of Ranked. I'm gonna be streaming the games to my Twitch channel when I can, although that's not gonna be the case for all of them.

Details of said bootcamp were posted to my mobafire blog a few days ago.

I'm starting the journey at 830 PST tonight, and I'd appreciate any support. Link to my Twitch.

I wish I wasn't starting this with 0 LP though. Adds a lot of pressure to it.
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2013 8:58pm | Report
Game One:

Had to stop the stream five minutes in due to lag spikes. Similar internet problems prevented me from grabbing after game screen shot, so I have to settle for a LoLking one.

I started out laning against Kayle, and picked up a fairly easy kill at level 3 after a failed all in at level 2. She returned to lane and I was able to kill her again with the help of Nocturne, Noct taking the kill. However, she swapped with the TF who had gotten 2 kills off of our top lane kennen. I made a bad play by all inning when my E was down and died for it. Bot lane lost, top lane lost slightly, and their J4 went ham (ended the game 6/0/4 IIRC). We surrendered after a bad teamfight at dragon. I remain at 0 LP, but didn't drop a division, surprisingly. The next game will probably determine a drop, so the pressure is on.
Napoleon D
<Member>
Napoleon D's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2013 9:54pm | Report
The link to your stream is broken
let me fix it for you.
http://www.twitch.tv/rudyards
i need to delete this account
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2013 10:25pm | Report
<3
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2013 1:50am | Report
It works if you click the link in your post now, too. You just needed to add the "http://" at the beginning since the link was turning into something weird without it (a combination of the link to this thread and your twitch link, which together pretty much results in a broken link :P). I may or may not have edited your post to add it.

Oh, and btw, gl! :)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2013 6:03pm | Report
Game Two: I'm asked to support for our last pick who claims to be a smurf. He wasn't, but his Duo Queue partner was.

Also, that Karthus was a counter pick against the Zed. Not really sure what that dude was thinking. I played fairly well, but I should have started with Pink wards against Leona, as I lost bush control at one point. We also messed up at one point, when Kha came for a gank we didn't react and missed out on two easy kills.
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2013 6:13pm | Report
Having issues with image size. Will try to fix later.
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2013 6:18pm | Report
Game Three:
Our opponents had communication issues, which culminated in a duo mid and messed up bans.

I'm usually an awful Blitz, but Thresh was banned and our Firstpick grabbed him before our opponents could. The enemy team was disorganized, and I was able to land consistent hooks on the Caitlyn and Lux who found themselves in bot. In this game, Napoleon joined me and gave me a variety of helpful tips (huge thanks, bro). I died a few times because I roamed stupidly against a reasonably strong Tryndamere, and died several times for my troubles.
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2013 6:21pm | Report
Game Four:

I made the horrible mistake of going mid when I was on a support spree. Never again.

After Firstblood, our Rengar started raging at the enemy. Our bot began feeding, Vayne raging at Rengar and Nami blaming Vayne. Noct was playing from Australia and losing a ton. I played stupidly against nidalee, and failed an All In because I forgot about the might of Takedown when at low HP. Overall, Morale issues turned an already bad game into an impossible one. None of our lanes, or our jungle, won.
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 2:27pm | Report
Game Five: Three people called support. Fourth pick got it because he "couldn't play anything but support". Very surreal experience. I went adc and countered their Draven pick with Graves (my support picking Taric).

Draven accidentally stole Sejuani's blue, which made early laning a little trickier. Draven blew both summoners in an early all in, but didn't pick up a kill. We coordinated with Voli and secured a gank on Allistar. I used this to build a farm advantage before Voli came to gank a second time, where I flashed and got a kill on Ali before going to Dragon. I ended up getting a BF first back, which kinda spelled doom for that lane. At the same time, Kha was winning Top fairly hard, and Malz was beating Diana back. Due to strong objective control and a lack of throws, we forced a surrender call at 25 minutes.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide