Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vapora's Ranked Journey to ... Whatever he...

Creator: Vapora Dark September 13, 2012 8:06pm
Foolamancer
<Member>
Foolamancer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 9:15am | Report

PS yorick has THE ****test champion design ever. After his first recall he spent the entire laning phase spamming QWE on me and never even went OOM. I went 4/0 against him and STILL somehow ended up dying to him when I tried to straight-up 1v1 him.

Yep. Not the most overpowered champion - in fact, I don't think he's overpowered at all, exactly - but he's sure one heck of a ****py design. There's no counterplay there. There's barely any play at all. He just sits there and farms and out-harrasses you and there's nothing you can do.

He's like Nunu & Willump or Singed. They aren't strictly overpowered, but they kind of suck all the joy out of the game by their very presence, because their kits enable them to basically ignore everyone forever and just do whatever they want. Nunu & Willump takes your jungle and can't be caught or out- Smiteed. Singed just runs around in circles and runs away if you try to do anything to him. Yorick just farms and smacks you if you try to have fun.

"NO! BAD LANE OPPONENT! YOU SIT DOWN AND YOU FARM AND YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU DID!"
"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 3:21pm | Report
One of THE hardest games I've ever played as Talon, if not the hardest. And by that I don't mean how difficult carrying my team was, I mean how hard it was to actually play well.

The first half of the game after laning phase was 100% centered around baron, so every team was permanently grouped up. I had absolutely 0 chances to catch anyone. And this wasn't going to stop until 1 team eventually got the baron.

We caught out Amumu then Vlad and did baron, so we went mid and destroyed 2 inhibitors. Through those 2 inhibitors we eventually destroyed the third ( still no chances to catch anyone out 'cuz grouping up OP ). Then we eventually managed to destroy their turrets and we spent like 10 minutes sitting in front of their nexus, too afraid to engage cuz amumu.

Loooooooooong story short, we won, but I didn't get to do any plays. :( I played the last team-fight well though, even if I died. I burst Tristana down to 0% HP from full, then killed her the millisecond she respawned. My GA went down ( literally the only time I've ever bought a defensive item since I started using Insoy's build, that's how hard this game was for me ) and I killed someone else, before dying. Then my team ended it 'cuz whoever killed me was intent on doing it even if it meant them dying too.

Anyway, back in promos 'cuz free win.

Idk if I'll skip to plat 1 or not. That game where I earnt 16 LP isn't a good way to judge what my MMR is like because we had a diamond 5 MF duo'ing with bronze 1 Sona, so that influenced my LP gain in some way, I think.

Edit: 15/2 with Talon over the past week, 100% ranked, and 1 of those losses was against the diamond 2 Ahri. #feelingproud
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 3:31pm | Report
This doesn't look very good.

I also seem to remember the last time I had 2 smites on my team, the enemy Ezreal stole baron with his ult, despite the 2 smites.

... their team has an ez
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 3:41pm | Report
guess you can never escape derps...no matter what elo level you are at.

i mean...double jungle can work...but prolly not in plat elo.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

1jamie50
<Member>
1jamie50's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 3:53pm | Report
Wow.

If you actually didn't dodge, can't wait to see the result lol.

Thanks to YayaFTW for the sig.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 3:59pm | Report

Jarvan and Rengar were pre-made and trolling. I thought I could carry it anyway but my team somehow thought the best thing to do would be to group up mid and force team-fights.

WHILE I STILL ONLY HAD 1 ITEM.

They failed miserably and they surrendered at 20.
1jamie50
<Member>
1jamie50's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 4:04pm | Report
....wow. x_x

That's all I can think to say.

Thanks to YayaFTW for the sig.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 4:06pm | Report
Plat sounds fun!

Sig made by elenah
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 4:07pm | Report
This looks balanced.

Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 4:09pm | Report
dat challenger yi smurf. (maybe just lucky)

Sig made by Tamy

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide