Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Viola's Ranked Journey

Creator: Viola Orpheus January 3, 2013 12:41am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2013 10:38pm | Report
I see a lot of Sona's rocking a chalice? is there a reason for that? o.o
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Viola Orpheus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2013 10:44pm | Report

I see a lot of Sona's rocking a chalice? is there a reason for that? o.o

Probably because they're either looking to be aggressive, or are not looking to build Shurelya's Battlesong/ Eleisa's Miracle. I dunno, I've rarely gotten mana issues in my recent games with her. And I'd only grab an early chalice if I need the extra MR or if my lane partner wants to be super aggressive that would warrant moar mana regen.
Many thanks to Xiao, jhoijhoi, TinyStar, Tsuki, and WOMBO for the sigs!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2013 2:06am | Report
Her mana issues aren't as bad as Taric's, but I wouldn't say she doesn't have any at all. A Chalice also allows her to be more aggressive and builds into Mikael's Blessing now which is a pretty good item.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2013 10:47am | Report
i have more mana issues as Sona than as Taric... =\

Sig made by Hogopogo
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2013 2:17pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Her mana issues aren't as bad as Taric's, but I wouldn't say she doesn't have any at all.

I'd agree with that, but only if you spam your spells a bit.

Pheyniex wrote:

i have more mana issues as Sona than as Taric... =\

Do you happen to spam your spells a lot? As long as the lane is relatively even and neither side is getting too aggressive, you should be fine. Even against the Taric + Graves lane in my last game with heavy aggression, I don't think I dipped below 150 mana in lane unless I really had to hit Graves with a W Power Chord.

On a side note, I wanna play League more. But so much RL stuff is happening that I wouldn't have enough time to play a game for a while.
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 10:35am | Report
GAME #4

Spoiler: Click to view

Bans: Standard Bans.

Somehow, I knew I should have dodged in champion select as soon as our Nocturne firstpicked him for toplane without saying anything. And I was right. He fed Akali, didn't call out MIA once, kept blaming Alistar for not ganking (He kept pushing the lane up BTW), aaannnddd to top it off he left the game. Botlane was also quite a disaster, mostly due to my fault since I poked Soraka much more than Fiora (Don't remember my mindset for when I was playing this game).

Elise... He reassured me that he wins his lane no problem as her despite me calling out in champion select that she loses to a lot of mages (And I cited Swain as an example who happened to be picked as well). And that quickly disappeared once he gave up FB and continued to feed the hell out of Swain. Told him to buy wards since Maokai was camping him 24/7, but he kept forgetting to do so and so he kept dying.

I really regret not dodging this game :<

GAME #5

Bans: Standard Bans.

Enemy team first picked Fizz. Our third pick locked in Anivia. What more do I have to say really? Also my bad since I don't have any experience going up against Morgana support, so I played a little too passively while Ezreal was being rather aggressive and it's my fault for not calling it out.

My game also crashed for some reason late in the game, which let the enemy team push for the win. I'm still sorry about this game OTG :<
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 10:39am | Report
Lol you DC'ing wouldn't have stopped them from doing that.

We made some ****py picks all around quite honestly.

All of us were squishy, I shouldn't have second guessed playing Cho'Gath, and Anivia was a terrible pick after Fizz locked in. We also could have used a bulkier jungler, though Xin Zhao would have been fine if he had just gone anti-AP from the start. (Lol, building health against Fizz.)

What we can learn about this game is that some games can indeed be lost at champ select.

Oh well, atleast I was playing well enough at top, I'm learning to be more aggressive.
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 1:42pm | Report

Lol you DC'ing wouldn't have stopped them from doing that.

We made some ****py picks all around quite honestly.

All of us were squishy, I shouldn't have second guessed playing Cho'Gath, and Anivia was a terrible pick after Fizz locked in. We also could have used a bulkier jungler, though Xin Zhao would have been fine if he had just gone anti-AP from the start. (Lol, building health against Fizz.)

What we can learn about this game is that some games can indeed be lost at champ select.

Oh well, atleast I was playing well enough at top, I'm learning to be more aggressive.

Well the last team fight I was in before my game crashed told me, 'Hey, we might have a shot at this if Graves continues to split push and not join team fights', but oh well.

It just came to mind that I probably should have picked Janna to peel, but I didn't think Morgana and Poppy would come out so I picked Sona.
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 10:59pm | Report
GAME #6

Bans: Standard bans.

I have no words for this one. I should have dodged. I should have. I finally get to call out mid for once, but when Darius got banned, this guy was suddenly begging for me to switch with him. I really didn't want to give up the lane, but he was 2nd pick while I was 4th pick and he just instalocked Annie. I said fine, since I wouldn't mind taking top. And I immediately regret this decision a few minutes into the game. He gave up FB and fed Lux hard. She got to roam, killed bot a few times, and managed to catch me with an ult while I was in a fight with Vladimir, which was in my favor since I killed him beforehand, so I got killed in that scenario. I don't even know what the heck happened to bot. Olaf was OK, he did some good ganks but got killed a few times while trying to counter jungle.

My problems? I need more experience against Vladimir. I couldn't really tell if I should have been more aggressive against him. And I was doing fine early on, but he got ahead from the Lux shenanigans so I couldn't really come back despite my early lead on him. Also, I think I was building a Hexdrinker somewhere but I screwed myself over when I accidentally clicked on The Brutalizer and the thought just disappeared.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:07pm | Report
As Riven vs Vladimir, you should be super aggressive.

Every time he goes in to last hit a minion or harass you, Valor up and Q AA Q AA Q AA him.

Honestly, Lux shouldn't have been a problem for you that game, because as Riven all you really have to do is abuse your mobility and dodge her skillshots, then 1 combo her.

Also, what elo is that? What's up with jungle TF and all the weird builds? o.o
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide