Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Wintermond's Season 2 Solo Queue Journey

Creator: Wintermond October 7, 2011 11:45am
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 12:41pm | Report
Uuuugh, lugi totally forgot karma D:
Gonna play her asap! :0

Solo Queue

Hohoh, this game was too funny.
I went against Kennen, first time ever as Akali, so I played rather careful, stood back and took care of not getting hit by his Q.
However, at lvl 4 we already traded some damage because I gained confidence(He missed like every Q he threw) and I also delayed my pots because I thought I could heal from my passive and while he consumes his pots I can keep mine for an advantage.
But I got way too cocky witht his and he killed me at lvl 4 at the tower(He surprised me witht his, really) with a well placed combo and ignite, was first blood. Damn, I was mad at myself after that.
I played REALLY passive now and had trouble staying alive because he had two tomes while I got pots. His combo really hit like a truck, but once I got lvl 6 I decided to try and harass him a bit- and I took half of his health with a Q-Proc and Ult.
From now on I knew that I could easily take him and nearly instakilled him whenever he came back to the lane. His teammates wanted to reporst him for intentional feeding. :q
I kept farming top and watched my teammates getting fed, dominating dragon and the enemys jungle.
There was no real teamfight because we often killed one or two targets before a fight could occur.
Somewhen the enemy's Veigar, Ezreal and Janna went afk and we finished. :d

Damn, I love Akali.
I use smartcast on her and I can only suggest everyone who likes to play Akali or wants to try her to do the same. You get her deadly combo off way faster than you usually would and it feels way more fluent than the normal casting system.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Wintermond
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 1:18pm | Report
Solo Queue

Okay, I have to admit it was for a huge part my fault we lost this game.
We went for a firstblood in their Jungle and got Gragas, Taric stun and Swain snare too strong.

I was really confident on the lane and played very offensive since Gragas started with a Dorans Ring and I had three healthpots.
At lvl 4 I nearly got him, had him in my full combo with ignite but he survived with 30 hp.
When he came back I lost the lane. I kept playing offensive instead of playing a bit more defensive, what was what I should've done because he was already in his base and I not.
He killed me in a 1v1 situation(Was really close tho, he lived with less than 50 hp :<) and at this point I realized that I went too offensive and totally forgot about farming(Dunno how that could happen to me, I usually prioritize farming over kills) and found myself with least CS on my team. However, both teams were even at this point because Lee got kinda fed and bot did a good job aswell. Eventually, we set up for Dragon but Amumu jumped in with his ult, followed by Gragas, Gangplank's Ult, Sona and Ezreal. Yea, that was an ace and we lost Dragon.
Our team morale was completely down at this point and noone even wanted to keep playing so we surrendered at 20.

What a shame, I think I was too excited by those Akali games I had before.

Some general stuff:
Why I prioritize farming over kills:
-You can get farm whenever you want and most of the time without big risks.
-It's a reliable source of gold.
-It's a four letter word.
-If you farm long time and join teamfights in midgame, the enemys will be surprised about how fed you are.
-It looks nice, pro, shiny and so on to have most cs on your team.
-WHEN YOU ARE GOOD YOU CAN CARRY WITH FARM, YOU DON'T NECESSARILY NEED KILLS!!!(although they help)

El Psy Congroo.

Wintermond
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 2:04pm | Report
Solo Queue

Dunno, this bot and Fiddle left me speechless.

Yea, I know I still ahve to play Karma AND I WILL DO D:

Btw, I want to talk about a different topic for a second:
Streaks.
You might have already noticed that loses and wins come in streaks most of the time, especially in Ranked games.
This is not random, it's riot's matchmaking system.
If you are on a winning streak, you will most likely get queued with players that are on a winning streak aswell. The same applies to lose streaks.
You all know how you play on a winning streak: You get used to the success and ofc you want to have the same success in your other games aswell, so you start to become more and more cocky game after game and in the end you will rage at your teammates even though YOU make the mistakes and not them. Then you start losing games and get queued with people who are on a losing streak. At some point your losing streak will end and you have a winning streak again and so on... .

This system makes it hard to climb the ladder and get a win ratio over 50%, especially because players in ranked games tend to be extremely peevish whenever something bad happens.

This means: Try hard. And go outside or do something else to be diverted from LoL, this helps a lot. And your social contacts will love it aswell.

GONNA WIN THE NEXT ONE *******.

El Psy Congroo.

Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 2:07pm | Report
inv me ill carry u
Wintermond
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 2:09pm | Report
Ur on EU bro? Thought you are on US. :o

El Psy Congroo.

Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 2:13pm | Report
o...yea Y_Y, GOOD LUCK THEN!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 2:22pm | Report
Farm wins games. Just ask Nasus and Veigar.
True love is found only in yourself.
Wintermond
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 2:54pm | Report
Solo Queue

Jeez, I can't believe we won that.
I really like Riven as a Jungler, her agressive playstyle feels just soooooo good and her early ganks are super scary, first blood 90% guaranteed.
Anyways, I started with a Dorans Blade and did Wraiths, Wolves, then ganked.
We got first blood in mid on Annie, but Brand died to ignite(why did he bait her with two bars t.t), anyways first blood and assist was worth it.
Talon was crazy good top and killed Lee Sin very soon and outfarmed him(He had like triple of lee's cs at minute 20), but bottom was jsut sad. We had a GP Support who got inspired by my support Maokai I guess, he went for atmogs and triforce, bought no wards and was overall just...bad(At least I buy Wards as Maokai!!!!!).
I ganked quite a lot and didn't get ganked by shaco(Quite surprised bout taht), and the game was pretty borin until 20 minutes. About 20 minutes into the Game, they had two dragons and won two teamfights. Our teammorale was really down. But then their Annie went completely ******ed, flashed and pumped her Tibbers into nowhere. We instantly engaged on them and won that fight, that Annie just lost them the game there.
After that we gained our morale back and Talon managed to kill either Annie or Tristana instantly so the fight was a 4v5. Pretty easy from now on, we pushed mid hard, got the inhibitor and did the same with top. After shopping we killed Annie and Tristana who were doing their blue and pushed for the victory.

Yea, that's how fast it can go in solo queue. Screw up one time and give the game away.

El Psy Congroo.

Wintermond
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 2:56pm | Report
By the way, if you want me to elaborate on special aspects of the game tell me so!
I don't know how you like the texts I write so give me feedback whenever you want!
D:

El Psy Congroo.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 2:59pm | Report
What do you mean 'flashed and pumped her Tibbers into nowhere'?
Where did she flash, who did she want to hit with Tibbers?

Sounds kinda vague like this.. :S

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide