Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Horrible times to play...

Creator: Zhohar February 28, 2011 3:21am
1 2
Zhohar
<Member>
Zhohar's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2011 3:21am | Report
Okay, this issue has been brought up so many times... it's basically been beatin until it couldn't be beatin anymore. I'm from the United States, and I'll get back from college pretty late or work and I like to relax and play a couple games. But usually when I do play, it tends to be later in the day. I don't know what it is, but I end up getting the worst, and I mean the complete bottom of the barrel players. I had a guy from Brazil connect with >999 ping and I asked him about it when we got in game. His reply was that he was at work, and it's always like that. Then the entire game he just disconnected and connected and fed 0/18/0 until he left midway. Don't get me wrong, I have had great non-American players as well. Had one game with a Russian playing Panth that went 21/0/17. But that's very slim when that happens. People can rage all they want about what I'm about to say, but I really wish that they would put servers for like N. American, S. America and so forth.
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2011 3:40am | Report
so this isn't about "horrible times to play" but more about "foreigners suck"

ok
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2011 3:43am | Report
Ha, I love how the amazing player was Russian. He would be.

Foreigners are frustrating, but if you look at it from a purely legal perspective, Riot can't discriminate based on the location of where you play.

Although I will admit that it's frustrating when people just don't respond to your in-game messages.
Zhohar
<Member>
Zhohar's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2011 3:45am | Report
Jet wrote:

so this isn't about "horrible times to play" but more about "foreigners suck"

ok

Well... I think the two coincide. But that would add for a big title to the thread and I wanted to keep it short. But like I said, I've met the good and bad of all nationalities. But I find that I get more consistency of performance from non-foreign players.
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2011 6:28am | Report
Why is that dude playing at work? You'd figure a game like this would be deterring from work since you can't pause it to actually get back to work.

May have fed due to Alt+Tabbin'. lol
SinDelta
<Member>
SinDelta's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2011 11:52am | Report
I know there is already a thread that has all the US Players and there IGN but i will post mine here if you ever feel like playing because i am on pretty much at the odd hours because i have insomnia so hit me up if you want to play.

IGN: SinDelta
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnySceneTM
Cammy152
<Member>
Cammy152's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2011 7:57pm | Report

Foreigners are frustrating, but if you look at it from a purely legal perspective, Riot can't discriminate based on the location of where you play.

Although I will admit that it's frustrating when people just don't respond to your in-game messages.

Actualy they can, Aion by NCSoft did this, Cut off russians because 90% botted and the other 10% pissed people off without speaking english.

Some other games do that aswell just cut off regions but tend to release a client or server for them alone. This is normaly Brazilans after being spammed "plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss"

Many years of MMO's leads you to this conclusion, Become a 1 man army because anyone other than english will do random stuff and cause problems.
Dakirokor
<Member>
Dakirokor's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 4:25am | Report

The least they could do is give them their own group to play within. Tons of games i've played have been with people from mexico and either they don't understand english or are just chosing to ignore everyone else.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 4:46am | Report
I played a game with a brazilian jungling Udyr who didn't take smite, and didn't speak english at all. Luckily he didn't die on the mini golems, but that's because I told twitch to help him start off. He actually wasn't a bad player in the end, but since he didn't speak english he didn't gank when I asked and the pushing mordekaiser/yi combo was a little too much for the top tower to bear.

Foreigners in general are considered "bad" because there's no verbal coordination with them. When you tell the carry to buy a QSS to avoid getting ulted by warwick and he does, then the player will do significantly better and you won't have quite a bad view of them. However, you can't exactly do the same for foreigners who don't speak the same language. So, in effect, they can only react to your actions, not your words.

I don't think it'd be a problem at all for brazilians to have their own servers. It'd be great, mostly because they'd be with people speaking their own language instead of having to get stuck with americans. The language barrier works both ways, so I'm sure brazilians would be happy about it as well.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
shadows fiji
<Member>
shadows fiji's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 4:53am | Report
:D
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide