Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Roaming Support

Creator: Trojan995 March 1, 2011 2:38pm
11 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 2:38pm | Report
While I was watching the CLG/OGB finals, I noticed (and the commentators commented on) the roaming support. I've never in my life seen this in a game, but if the pros are doing it it must be viable. So, I have a few questions about this meta.

1. What should a roaming support do in general?

2. How should a roaming support get leveled?

3. How should a roaming support get adequate gold?

4. What champions are best as roaming supports?

5. Dicuss!
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
IxieSorrow
<Member>
IxieSorrow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 2:48pm | Report
Taric and Alistar seemed like huge roaming supports in the matches that i witnessed. When they weren't laning it looked to me like they sat in ganking bushes, or were killing some wraith's/wolves (and the like) when possible.

Taric can heal allies, Stun enemies, and lower their Armor.

Alistar can just be a straight up ******* in general :)
Shh! I'm Charging My Laser.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 3:09pm | Report
I'm expecting Elementz to move Alistar up in his tier list due to his incredible roaming capabilites.

EDIT: I think that the best roamers are naturally tanky, great without farming, and good at ganking. Maokai and Rammus (aside from taric and alistar) come to mind.
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 3:55pm | Report
But Rammus is better in the jungle than roaming. He can still do awesome ganks.

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 8:20pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

EDIT: I think that the best roamers are naturally tanky, great without farming, and good at ganking.

Not necessarily - they don't have to be tanky. Eve, Shaco, and Twitch can all be amazing roamers. Eve is probably the best, while Shaco should be kept to the jungle and Twitch's laning capability is better than his roaming.

http://www.livestream.com/treeeskimo/video?clipId=pla_614e181d-d663-4cc2-b8a6-c4f32b9819be&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

Watch that video. The game starts 30 minutes in. Spoink, who plays Evelynn, roams extremely well and is probably the driving force behind the game. TreeEskimo makes a great point regarding stealth champions:

"Every second they're not on the map, they could have stealthed to travel somewhere else. A roaming stealth champ is basically in a state of constant "MIA" and makes the enemies play accordingly."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 3:19am | Report
Great link Jebus! Roaming stealthers are scary as ****. Get exhaust on them and you got a frickin' ganking monster.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 4:18am | Report
Roaming support

Udyr is miss... and he has Ghost...
Sigh I'll just sit at this tower then =3

Kassadin is missing
Sigh

Akali is missing
Fiddle mia
Corki ss
Irelia is about
Singed miss

ffs

On a more serious note Malphite, Irelia, Xin Zhao and Veigar are scary roamers. Things can be fine when they literally appear from a bush and instantly kill someone or at least set them up to die very quickly
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 9:08am | Report
to answer your question

1. support their solo laners by giving them stronger lane presence making it easier to last hit, and help them harass their enemy out of lane / kill them

2. through kills / assists / sitting in brush.

3. they don't need the gold from lane and they can perform while underleveled - which is why they roam

4. alistar, taric, soraka, janna and zilean are basically the only support than can roam, janna being the queen of roaming support.
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 2:51pm | Report
Would it be wise to get a gold-stacking item on a roaming champion, such as kage's lucky pick, Heart of Gold, or Avarice Blade? They're not getting many last hits in this state, so it might be helpful.
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 3:38pm | Report
no, they don't need the gold which is why they roam

additionally, alistar, janna, taric and soraka should get 0 last hits in lane anyway (except from using skills on enemies like howling gale and starcall)
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide