Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How do i deal with AP top laners as a melee...

Creator: Brandon September 7, 2014 4:44pm
Brandon
<Member>
Brandon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2014 4:44pm | Report
As of late i have noticed its seems to be the rise of AP top laners in current top lane meta. Problem is im not sure how i should play against them most of champions i love to play are likes of shyvana, renekton, dr mundo, jax, nasus, riven and so on. Im not fan of ryze, lulu even though there kinda good right now.
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2014 4:54pm | Report
It's hard but you have to hope you can get ahead and stay tanky enough to not be affected by the poke.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Brandon
<Member>
Brandon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2014 4:59pm | Report
[deleted] wrote:
It's hard but you have to hope you can get ahead and stay tanky enough to not be affected by the poke.

Thats what i usually try and do. Usually rush MR item like BV or SV.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2014 6:52pm | Report
Just try to avoid taking as much free damage as you can. If you don't get poked down during the early levels (1-4), it gets a lot easier to manage
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2014 10:16pm | Report
A lot of your top lanes can also rush Spirit Visage with not too many adverse affects. Those that can't have Hexdrinker as well.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 3:11am | Report
Also, some toplaners you mentioned have really good cheese potential at levels 1-2 when compared to some ranged toplaners. Riven, per example, can be really dangerous if you play really aggressive from the start, although you have to learn by yourself how much can you cheese, how to not die because you were tanking all the minions, etc
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 4:53am | Report
Jungler can help a lot, most ranged ap top laners have very limited escape mechanisms and since they Will most likely push the lane they will be very vulnerable.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 7:39am | Report
They will fear the AD Malz :D

BTW: The circle of top lane should be: AP's are beaten by sustain champs beaten by assasins beaten by AP's. So the way to beat those AP tops would be going champs which sustain like god, like Iron Mantle Udyr. Problem is, most sustained champs got nerfed into the ground.

That is what I reflect out of the last time where AP top where meta (S2, Gamescom). Then came the godly Iron Mantle Udyr or HotchoGG. They took the damage like they pleased and just sustained it back. Currently, the best champ for this should be Warwick with his Hungering Strike.

They way you beat them is just outfarming them, mot AP's tend to fall off at the start of the lategame and this is the moment where your farmed HotchoGG shines.

My current Bruiser'Gath is the following build:

Teleport Ghost
9x AS 9x Ar 9x Mr 3x MS
0/23/7 (taking the health regen and all 3 % damage reductions)
Boots of Swiftness - Distortion Frozen Heart Spirit Visage Zephyr Randuin's Omen Banshee's Veil/ Wit's End (obviously everytime build items against the enemy team)

What Bruiser'gath needs: Attack Speed, Movement Speed and a lot of tankyness.

What is Bruiser'gaths job: Run into the enemy team, taking all the damage and auto attacking them to death while using your cc to lock them down. A whole team silenced can't do much. Also, finish people with Feast, like Maokai with his stupid ult or a carry.

Weaknesses? 5 man permanent kiting, other than that, just fire more cc on him, he doesn't care and then his team destroys you. Also, level 1-5 all in damage champs. (Assasins, look at the circle^^)

Beats? Sustained damage champs, mostly AP tops.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide