Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

MobaFire And its direction?

Creator: nomad93 March 28, 2011 11:36am
1 2 3
nomad93
<Member>
nomad93's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 11:36am | Report
So i had a discussion with my friends the other day about DoTA2 and what we will do when it happens and all this other BS about it. But then i came to MobaFire to see a build and it got me wondering what will become of this beloved site by many. As we know Moba means Multiplayer Online Battle Arena which includes an alot of(and soon to be games). Is the site going to expand to meet to more then one game for builds and other things like that is already setup for LoL(assuming if DoTA2 is like LoL in some aspects). I've noticed the contest section with the alpha invite to RotT already.

So just curious on what you think about the expanding genera and what will/hope to become of MobaFire with this expansion? or keep Mobafire LoL only?

/discuss?
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 11:37am | Report
Many LoL players will get DoTA, but I believe most will come back to LoL shortly afterwards. They're really very different games.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 11:40am | Report
Expanding has been discussed before, and it doesn't seem possible as for now. Maintaining a website like this is a lot of hard work, and if you also add in the fact that MOBAFire is heavily understaffed it doesn't seem do-able at all.

So my answer for now would be no, however you never know in the future :)
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 11:44am | Report
I misread this. Sorry for being lazy and skipping over.. Just woke up. But anyway, I'll go with Scrax on this. I do think it's possible though.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
nomad93
<Member>
nomad93's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 11:45am | Report
Scrax wrote:

Expanding has been discussed before, and it doesn't seem possible as for now. Maintaining a website like this is a lot of hard work, and if you also add in the fact that MOBAFire is heavily understaffed it doesn't seem do-able at all.

So my answer for now would be no, however you never know in the future :)

i dont know the number of people who actually do all the work on the website. But by expanding to another say DoTA 2 which will have a exceptional amount of people b/c its valve i would assume then their would be people willing to work on the website and have the experience but thats just an assumption :l
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 1:13pm | Report
yea, eventually LoL will die out though (well probably)

we might have to transfer over to a new game at this point :P

hopefully not for at least another year tho, bahaha

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 1:19pm | Report
With the coming of Dota 2, LoL will not lose many of it's players. Why? LoL is a lot different from Dota. LoL has it's own systems and mechanics. For example, IP and RP, runes and masteries, summoner spells. HoN and Dota dosen't have those. That's what makes LoL unique. In Dota and HoN, they have runes and powerups in the rivers, we replaced those with Dragon and Baron. Instead, we placed the buffs on Red Lizard and Blue Golem in the jungle for each respective team. However, that's just the gameplay.

LoL won't die out because it's a FREE GAME. Free games never die out completely. Take Runescape for example. It's been out for so long, the graphics are awful, but the gameplay and the fact that it's free makes it worth playing. Also, the Riot Staff are amazing people. Just getting onto the forums alone will show you that this company cares about it's playerbase. The staff is very active with their community, from participating in WCG, PAXEast and West, opting to do Summoner Spotlights weekly, Hohums brought the community together to bring back Lee Sin (it's not an April's Fools Joke unless Riot wants to have a war with their community.)

LoL won't die out.

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 1:24pm | Report
yea, I think and I hope you are right

BTW baron is still in HoN (Kongor) :3

xD

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
nomad93
<Member>
nomad93's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 1:42pm | Report
Xaioli wrote:

With the coming of Dota 2, LoL will not lose many of it's players. Why? LoL is a lot different from Dota. LoL has it's own systems and mechanics. For example, IP and RP, runes and masteries, summoner spells. HoN and Dota dosen't have those. That's what makes LoL unique. In Dota and HoN, they have runes and powerups in the rivers, we replaced those with Dragon and Baron. Instead, we placed the buffs on Red Lizard and Blue Golem in the jungle for each respective team. However, that's just the gameplay.

LoL won't die out because it's a FREE GAME. Free games never die out completely. Take Runescape for example. It's been out for so long, the graphics are awful, but the gameplay and the fact that it's free makes it worth playing. Also, the Riot Staff are amazing people. Just getting onto the forums alone will show you that this company cares about it's playerbase. The staff is very active with their community, from participating in WCG, PAXEast and West, opting to do Summoner Spotlights weekly, Hohums brought the community together to bring back Lee Sin (it's not an April's Fools Joke unless Riot wants to have a war with their community.)

LoL won't die out.

while i have no doubt that LoL wont die when DoTA2 comes out. I wasnt stating that at all. I was asking if MobaFire will incorporate DoTA2 into the site with its coming. And theirs no doubt in my mind that i wont be interested in DoTA 2 and will probably buy/play it at some point. Its more about Mobafire becoming more then just about 1 game....im sorry if i didnt make that clear or still isnt it.

i can be a bad explainer at times :<
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 2:00pm | Report
nomad93 wrote:

i dont know the number of people who actually do all the work on the website. But by expanding to another say DoTA 2 which will have a exceptional amount of people b/c its valve i would assume then their would be people willing to work on the website and have the experience but thats just an assumption :l

2; Matt and FlashJ. Mindblown? :)
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide