Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Aatrox viable?

Creator: Stylistical April 3, 2015 1:18am
Stylistical
<Member>
Stylistical's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2015 1:18am | Report
As the title suggests....

I do decent with him, but I was wondering if he was even viable in ranked play. He doesn't seem like he would fit many team comps, although he does seem to have pretty serious snowball and carry potential.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2015 1:19am | Report
Literally any champion is viable in soloqueue. If that's your favorite/best champion, don't feel dissuaded just because he isn't popular.

I don't think Aatrox is in a particularly strong spot right now but he's not unplayable. It's just that other champions are a little more impactful or reliable.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2015 5:56pm | Report
He's a lifesteal tank that I've seen do amazing when fed. I don't know if you play him Jungle or Top but I feel his ganks are stronger than any lane presence he has (personal experience). I think he can be viable, but if he gets focused he dies pretty easily (or twice very easily).

But if you find he's your best champ then play him. Just like the guy above me said SoloQ is more of picking a champion you're good at than counters. Just because someone counters another champ doesn't mean you should pick them (I'm a horribly Ryze and must pay for my sins).
Eyy
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2015 11:02am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
Literally any champion is viable in soloqueue.

Couldn't agree more!

If you feel comfortable playing Aatrox then don't hold yourself back just because other top laners/junglers are considered better or OP at the moment. I've heard a phrase back in a while which should give you an idea how things work in soloQ:

"A player that is experienced and comfortable on a mediocre champion is much more valuable to your team than a player that is inexperienced with an OP champion."
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2015 1:20pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
Literally any champion is viable in soloqueue. If that's your favorite/best champion, don't feel dissuaded just because he isn't popular.

I don't think Aatrox is in a particularly strong spot right now but he's not unplayable. It's just that other champions are a little more impactful or reliable.

I have to agree with this. As a Poppy main I can say any champion is viable if you know all the ins and outs of it.

The skill ceiling is high enough on every champ to allow that to happen.
I don't play LoL anymore.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide