Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Runeglaive Orianna - OP

Creator: Hutic July 22, 2015 8:55am
Hutic
<Member>
Hutic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2015 8:55am | Report
Hello i'm Hutic, one of the few aussie streamers from the OCE server. I've recently started streaming and have ventured into youtube. As our server is quite small\new its hard to gather feedback on our boards so i thought i'd try posting here.

here is the link to the runeglaive orianna highlight vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFhHKQbF3Q

any feedback is welcome
Aussie Streamer - Diamond
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2015 9:08am | Report
What's the point now that Runeglaive lost it's AoE vs non-monsters? If you want an AA proc, why not Lich Bane?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2015 9:22am | Report
Because Runeglaive grants you mana sustain, grants you CDR and is 750 gold cheaper? Oh, and farming raports or wolves is even stronger now.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2015 9:24am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Because Runeglaive grants you mana sustain, grants you CDR and is 750 gold cheaper? Oh, and farming raports or wolves is even stronger now.

Amazing. And all that lane pressure on Smite.

Regardless, I think the all idea is pretty eh. Pretty sure even Nashor's is better on Ori than both Lich Bane or Runeglaive. Not to mention, idk, going for something traditional like Athene's, Rabadon, Zhonya, maybe Rylai's because it's a lot better now on AoE and for peeling and a void staff.

I must be ****ing crazy.

Hutic
<Member>
Hutic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2015 9:32am | Report
There are MANY benefits for runeglaive ori. Let me list some

- You ALWAYS end up far ahead in gold by just playing passive, just check out my cs in all of the clips. (helps you lane early aswell)
- Gaurenteed objective secure, late game ori can burst 2.2k with her q-w smite (can compete with rend/nunu)
- I go stalkers blade for the slow - helps me kite and chase.
- The price/cdr mana fit works well for my build/masteries as i dont build cdr or mana regen
- but the most important is that junglers cant take blues from me :D

i'm sure there are more points, i tried going back to normal orianna and immediately went back. ( I havnt checked the new patch notes as its not live on my server as of yet. So i haven't tested if they nerfed runeglaive)
Aussie Streamer - Diamond
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2015 11:35am | Report

Interesting, got it from here

Watch this week PTL for more infos.
Savlonic
<Member>
Savlonic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2015 1:01am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Interesting, got it from here

Watch this week PTL for more infos.

I think the main issue with runeglaive nashor orianna is the fact you have to rely a bit more heavily on your autos which could put you in a bad spot positioning wise if your team isn't steam rolling and the enemy team reacts to you being far enough up, also skipping the defensive stats of zhonya's and athene's flat out seems pretty unideal on top of that.
Sig by TheNameless ^ Check out my Nasus guide ^
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2015 2:30am | Report
I feel like this Orianna is the hardest one to utilize, I would give it the ultimate sign of pro level:

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2015 7:26pm | Report
AFAIK Rito said multiple times that they don't want to really see Smite out of the jungle. So either they are completely terrible at their job or this build isn't optimal.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2015 3:00am | Report
They never said that, they said they wanted it as a balanced option to other builds where you give up stuff to get the bonuses from Smite.

However, the bonus Enchantment: Runeglaive Orianna benefits from is the mana restore on monsters and that is a bit unhealthy, as no other item can give similar mana regen with a proc.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide