Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Offline botgames

Creator: opion May 17, 2011 7:17am
opion
<Member>
opion's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 7:17am | Report
A possibility to start games without being connected to the internet.
Just vs bots to test out builds and funny things.

I know like 99% of the people is connected to the internet 24/7.
But I'm travelling for my job all the time and alot of times I do not have access to the internet.

I'm no programmer so I have no idea how hard it is to setup something like this.
But it would also be nice for those who use there download to there limit and like to practise a little game offline.

I know the group of people making full use of this might be small but if this is can be launched at 1/3 the time of setting up a custom game I think more and more people will use it to test their builds etc.

It's probably quite alot of work for something like this but just sharing my idea here =).
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 7:21am | Report
Riot could do an offline LoL version with everything unlocked. It'd be really useful to be honest, testing any character you want at times and then having better games online.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
opion
<Member>
opion's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 8:26am | Report
That's exactly what I mean.
Most of the time i spend my precious IP on champs that are totally not my thing after playing them once.
So having a possibility to test everything before you buy it would be very nice.

And then i can fool around when not having internet ^^
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 8:39am | Report
Sounds good.
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 9:37am | Report
they've mentioned a lot of times why they wouldnt provide an offline client

most of it revolves around having access to code and it would help the programming and hacking community find exploits and find ways to use them without being detected, and helps them develop them

the other part is that if they give a client like that it basically means anyone could host a private LOL server for competitions and what not, or maybe just a lol server that has everything unlocked (like ESL server) which would draw people away from the(ir) server

also, it's just that theres such a minority that's in this situation that they won't devote the manhours to develop something like this and make sure nothing is exploitable when theres so much they already have to do, and already have scheduled
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 9:46am | Report
Jet wrote:

they've mentioned a lot of times why they wouldnt provide an offline client

most of it revolves around having access to code and it would help the programming and hacking community find exploits and find ways to use them without being detected, and helps them develop them

the other part is that if they give a client like that it basically means anyone could host a private LOL server for competitions and what not, or maybe just a lol server that has everything unlocked (like ESL server) which would draw people away from the(ir) server

also, it's just that theres such a minority that's in this situation that they won't devote the manhours to develop something like this and make sure nothing is exploitable when theres so much they already have to do, and already have scheduled

Adding to this, there's also that, there would be no other "player" involvement. So, it be more of a "Wander around and do nothing except kill creeps" setting. It would be nice to have but, not really needed right now.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide