Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 299 of 431
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2015 6:11am | Report
Guys, what do you think of the new Quinn (since you're talking about ADCs)?

I've felt that something is lost when I played her, but there is something new about it. This excites me to play as her again. :^D
Sig made by me!

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2015 6:11am | Report
Statikk felt stronger in my own experiences too. Not that Cannon is the weakest though. Statikk > Cannon > Runaan's in my experience. The Runaan's AoE damage is too tiny to do much other than clear minions from what I can tell, it's not going to be adding much to your teamfight damage unless you have 2-3 people bunched up the entire time you're auto-attacking.

I dunno, I mean the damage isn't great but it does give 10% more AS and apply AoE lifesteal (and 15 on-hit for what that's worth), plus on certain champions it gives you cool stuff i.e. Caitlyn gets 3 Headshot stacks per auto. Firecannon felt absolutely useless when I built it, I barely noticed the extra range and the damage was pretty pathetic compared to Shiv.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2015 9:36am | Report
I've seen a lot of firecannons on vayne players
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2015 9:43am | Report
Yeah they double up with Shiv/Firecannon
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2015 9:47am | Report
One benefit of a Runaan's Hurricane build is that if you include a Black Cleaver in your build, you can shred the armor of multiple targets, which will help all physical damage dealers on the team.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2015 10:00am | Report
MungoGeri wrote:
One benefit of a Runaan's Hurricane build is that if you include a Black Cleaver in your build, you can shred the armor of multiple targets, which will help all physical damage dealers on the team.

No.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2015 10:09am | Report

No.

Fascinating commentary. I'm not saying that you would build an adc like that every time, but it is an option to think about in some special cases. It might make more sense on a Kindred jungle versus a tank heavy team, while the regular bot lane adc builds normally.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2015 10:12am | Report
Rapid firecannon >>>> shiv from what ive been hearing.

I think it depends on your champion, and how they make use of them. Also, there's no reason a champion like Cait can't buy both, no?

I think varus is straight garbage right now at ADC. If you want engage, sivir and ashe are far far superior. His self peel is trash and his damage isnt anything special. Hes a good pokebot at mid, but very situational. Why do you think he should be higher?

I don't think he's garbage; pretty much the same as before this patch, so yeah, there's no real reason to pick him over the good stuff right now. His damage is definitely high though, and the changes in ADC items helped him out a bit. I suppose it depends on how you define 'garbage', but overall I think he's one of those champions that can compete if played properly, but there's no real reason to pick him over Cait, Graves, Lucian, MF, and Tristana. If that's 'garbage' to you – which, from a competitive standpoint makes sense – then I do agree.

playing at summonerscon LAN tomorrow, wont be here to update or answer questions.

Enjoy.

Statikk felt stronger in my own experiences too. Not that Cannon is the weakest though. Statikk > Cannon > Runaan's in my experience. The Runaan's AoE damage is too tiny to do much other than clear minions from what I can tell, it's not going to be adding much to your teamfight damage unless you have 2-3 people bunched up the entire time you're auto-attacking.

I agree, although Runaan's has its merits right now on champions other than Kalista; Caitlyn and Varus are examples of champions who make use of it rather well.

Guys, what do you think of the new Quinn (since you're talking about ADCs)?

I've felt that something is lost when I played her, but there is something new about it. This excites me to play as her again. :^D

None of her problems got fixed and I cannot say anything got improved. I suppose there's more burst, but she lost the blind, and for bot lane, I don't think that trade is any good. For top, however, she might be solid, if the meta permits this.

MungoGeri wrote:

As a League of Legends player, and as a human: No.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2015 10:31am | Report
Firecannon is better when you are ahead, shiv is better when you are behind. As of this patch right now though, most ADCs end up building both. Hurricane is situationally good on a few champions.

Quinn seems bad from what I've seen, but most of the quinn players I've seen are trolls... so I can't give a definitive answer yet.

Varus is pretty much the same... which is not good. Varus only has high damage in a teamfight if hes getting peel, and if he procs passive. Without getting both of these conditions met, his damage isn't that high. He has no on-demand steroid, and his W damage is locked behind casting an ability, which cuts into your DPS lategame. Could be interesting with hurricane, but in the end hes still a dashless ADC without a hard cc to selfpeel. He has a solid lane phase, but the fact that he can't buy mana pots hurts. If you are buying manamune on ADC varus, you aren't an ADC. How did the item changes help him?

As for mid varus, he is a pokebot, which actually isn't that bad as long as you play around it properly since his damage can get pretty nuts, but he can get snowballed on really really hard in lane, and he is pretty easy to dive/gank, especially pre 6.

Cleaver runaans just isnt good on anyone. You only ever really need the BC shred if your team is full AD, and if that is the case, someone else on the team can probably use it better.

Heading out now. Thanks for keeping the thread active though peeps. Not sure if there will be a stream. If there is I'll try to hop on mobafire from my phone and link it so you guys can see how ******ed I look when I'm focusing on the game xd. (assuming they have facecams) Our match is at 6 pm PST, and its a bo3.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2015 10:38am | Report
Firecannon is better when you are ahead, shiv is better when you are behind. As of this patch right now though, most ADCs end up building both. Hurricane is situationally good on a few champions.

Yeah, although I feel like high mobility ADCs benefit more from Shiv, but in general I think that rule applies.

Quinn seems bad from what I've seen, but most of the quinn players I've seen are trolls... so I can give a definitive answer yet.

On paper, looking at the changes, I see no reason why she should be better, let alone, good.

Varus is pretty much the same... which is not good, haha. Varus only has high damage in a teamfight if hes getting peel, and if he procs passive. Without getting both of these conditions met, his damage isn't that high. He has no on-demand steroid, and his W damage is locked behind casting an ability, which cuts into your DPS lategame. Could be interesting with hurricane, but in the end hes still a dashless ADC without a hard cc to selfpeel. He has a solid lane phase, but the fact that he can't buy mana pots hurts. If you are buying manamune on ADC varus, you aren't an ADC. How did the item changes help him?

Yeah, I agree; before this patch I played him quite a bit, and with a lot of success, so I do think he has merits, but yeah, he's immobile and his kit is too archaic for his own good. The passive and W are still very good, but they have requirements, which is unlike all other ADCs, so on that note, he's at a disadvantage. However, Varus does pack a lot of damage output if he gets to proc W, and has a clean shot with R. As ADC, I never really needed the mana pots as I felt he was fairly self-sufficient, with that said, Manamune wasn't necessary at all on him.

The changes help him out because Reaver is actually really neat for him; extra mana sustain on top of CDR, and at the same time you're not hurting your ADC position due to it actually granting crit chance. The same with Runaan's and Scimitar is better as well, with the life steal and all. The only downside is that Youmuu's isn't really for ADCs anymore, but aside from that I think he got some boost there.

As for mid varus, he is a pokebot, which actually isn't that bad as long as you play around it properly since his damage can get pretty nuts, but he can get snowballed on really really hard in lane, and he is pretty easy to dive/gank, especially pre 6.

Yep, very true. He has his merits in mid as well, although I feel there's better pokebots out there.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide