Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A new meta for S3?

Creator: TheLastWolf November 18, 2012 3:39pm
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 10:42pm | Report
The metagame is unlikely to change because of the season 3 changes - instead, people will attempt to adapt the existing roles to the changes instead of the other way around. For example, Barrier may be used on an AD carry as a trading tool, similar to how Heal worked in bottom lanes a few months ago (with the benefit of not being affected by Ignite, in this case).

When the metagame does change, and it will (hell, it already is), it will be because of other reasons, namely the Koreans completely shaking up gameplay. The season two championships brought about strategies that American and European teams had never really considered, like lane swapping to deny the top laner, diving that top laner at level 3, and taking a five minute tower. The closest we ever got to that was Reginald's aggressive flash towerdive ganks over the wall on champions like Annie once he hit level six, but the level of early aggression and lane swapping that the Asian teams brought to the board was revolutionary.

Now we're seeing almost every professional team work with lane swaps, or at the very least, know how to deal with them. Dignitas, Invictus, and Azubu Frost have gone even further with it, and we've seen things like 1-2-1 setups with the AD+support mid, we've seen Roam Taric come back into play, etc.

When the metagame changes, the season 3 changes will likely have only a small part to play in it all.
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 10:53pm | Report
sure, a team of 5 squishies, or a team of 4 squishies and a moderately squishy. so basically, you're just promoting the idea that an all out brawl between whoever gets the first snare/stun off wins is a good idea? Sona stuns an entire team, the two ADCs clean up while the other support lines up thier stun. You're suggesting an imbalanced meta with no presence in lane due to the lack of a jungler. this would shift the meta to early game dominance and stuns because whichever two ADCs get fed first win, it'd go from being a teamfight based game to an early game cleanup.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 11:56pm | Report
HUGE CHANGE. SO MANY ITEMS. SO MANY NEW MASTERIES. JUNGLE REWORK. OMFG...

seriously, huge meta change.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 12:11am | Report
i hope people know that who goes to which lane isnt the meta, just a part of the meta, like jebus said the meta is how the game is played such as early pushing team comps, lane swaping team comps, roaming team comps, not just who goes to what lane, which i dont think is gonna change any time soon because of how great its working now and how much better it is than what other people are proposing as new "metas"
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 5:16am | Report
Having a lane + jungler regulary invade the enemy's jungle to counterjungle would be a Meta change of sorts.

But well... a Meta change could also be ADC not going for regular AD + Crit but off-tank/on-hit etc.

Wouldn't think the changes go that far, but we'll see.
Maybe a low Elo change?
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 5:34am | Report
The Meta in soloQ will be probably the same until a new one gets invented, and is superior at the same time.

But for teamgames, as ppl already said, there are many coms you can go for, thus having different meta.

I personally like the early push comp, first brought into the game by dem asians. But my team is too hung up in the old meta, they wont push or roam / turtle early on.
TheLastWolf
<Member>
TheLastWolf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 6:36am | Report
Well...i think I explained bad.

I´m not talking about a new lanes style...

I´m talking about...Well, look at the new items. They have given more power to the AP and AD champions, but the offtanks still with the same, and I think even with less...Things like this is what I mean...For example, are we going to see the end of the reign of the Offtank champions in S3?

That kinda things i am wondering, not just the 1+1+2+jungle.

-Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard , Xiaowiriamu and myself for this awesome sigs-

-Place for the future guides-
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 7:24am | Report
Off-tanks will only die if full tanks are better, which kinda will never happen.
TheLastWolf
<Member>
TheLastWolf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 9:31am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Off-tanks will only die if full tanks are better, which kinda will never happen.

Of course thy won´t die...What i think is that we will see LESS off-tank champions and more assasins and squishy champions...Well, that´s what I think at least.

-Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard , Xiaowiriamu and myself for this awesome sigs-

-Place for the future guides-
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 12:41pm | Report
Well, who in the hell should then tank for the team, while still staying relevant to be focused?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide