Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Acid has another KUH-RAE-ZEE idea!

Creator: Acid Reigns October 5, 2012 6:38pm
1 2
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 11:27am | Report
Ok fine, I'll refrain from personal experience then. I've seen many MANY high elo players not running ignite, or cleanse on their carry, or exhaust on their support, or anything that is 'mandatory'

Hell, just two days ago CLG ran triple teleport in a high level tourney setting.
crossfire
<Member>
crossfire's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 7:02pm | Report

Ok fine, I'll refrain from personal experience then. I've seen many MANY high elo players not running ignite, or cleanse on their carry, or exhaust on their support, or anything that is 'mandatory'

Hell, just two days ago CLG ran triple teleport in a high level tourney setting.

But CLG got their ***es kicked by the asian teams...
+Rep for a cookie.

Thanks to MissMaw for the sig.

Don't Click This | Click This
SkiD
<Member>
SkiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 9:04pm | Report
In the case of summoners spells, it's all about which one is better than another one in the team composition.

Why aren't support running promote? Mostly because they can use something more effective like heal or exhaust.

That being said, I'm sure there are team composition/strategies where you could run promote and be very effective with it. But it has to be a team effort. I've used promote before in a "troll" game on Graves, because we knew before the start of the game that we were going all mid trying to take out the inhibitor as fast as possible. And we won that game :)
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 2:19pm | Report
Well YEAH. THAT works. If you can manage to get an inhib down before 10 minutes its GG. But you need a really good teamcomp like graves, ezreal, master yi, xin zhao, and sona to be able to do that properly. In that concept, run one promote, everyone have teleport, and then mix in surge to everyone else. It really is a legitimate strategy. Ive won with it before. BUT that is ONLY for premade WITH voice connection WITH people you trust in BLIND. Because people in ranked will know exactly what you are up to and stop you from doing it.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 9:54pm | Report
I once had a team try and do that to me, but we had a lot of AoE, and it failed hard lol.

I ended the game 30+/0 on Sivir :P

This was a long time ago though, before her rework even o:

And at everyone who isn't discussing the same thing as me, I R DISSAPOINT! >:(
I'm not talking about supports just standardly running promote, I'm talking about the support taking promote, then sending your carry and support toplane, and either killing the tower on the first cannon wave, or HEAVILY damaging it, and killing it shortly after, then snowballing every lane because everyone gets a good chunk of gold within a few minutes of starting.

People already do this, but not with promote, and it takes longer.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide