Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Addressing Rocketbelt and Night Harvester

Creator: TheInkKingLoL January 6, 2021 10:08am
Would you pick Hextech Rocketbelt or Night Harvester in 11.1?
TheInkKingLoL
<Member>
TheInkKingLoL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2021 10:08am | Report
So Riot just released the patch notes for 11.1, and as an avid Ekko main I wanted to check the changes on Hextech Rocketbelt and Night Harvester. Here's the basic rundown:
Base ability power increased equally on both items
Base health increased on both items, Hextech Rocketbelt had a larger increase
Ornn upgrade health and ability power increased in the same way for both items
Hextech Rocketbelt active damage set to 125
Night Harvester passive damage set to 125

So...basically the base stats of both items are the same except Hextech Rocketbelt gives more tankiness...and now Night Harvester is worse.

I suppose a counter-argument to my statement is that Night Harvester has multiple charges (it can be used on one champion for the damage and then used on another for the damage without a cooldown). However, I feel that this is still worse, at least when trying to burst down enemies. For instance, on Ekko, when you're trying to burst down a target you're only proccing Night Harvester once, and so Hextech Rocketbelt immediately becomes superior.

Yes I understand Night Harvester is meant to be a multi-kill item but then wouldn't that just make it an item you only go if you're super-fed?

Thoughts? Comments? I want the community's opinion on this.
"We tend to get mad at the ones that call us out but the fact is we need someone that'll be honest when we fly off the handle"
-NF
#LOST #CLOUDS
Yeager
<Veteran>
Yeager's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2021 11:10am | Report
Hextech Rocketbelt is just superior on Ekko in every way so I don't see why you would ever go for Night Harvester.
Katasandra
<Lissandra Master>
Katasandra's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2021 11:16am | Report
Well it also depends on the champion you are playing of course. From a Lissandra perspective: Night Harvester > Hextech Rocketbelt. They basically do the same thing (e.g. give damage & ms), but Night Harvester has a per champ proc. Considering Lissandra is an AoE teamfight champ that you're quite likely to proc it on a lot of enemy champs, whilst Hextech Rocketbelt probably won't. Besides that the MS from Night Harvester is less conditional than Hextech Rocketbelt. The only "better" thing Hextech Rocketbelt has is the extra HP, but 100 HP is kinda negligible.

However in the grand scheme of things it turns out that you're better of building mana mythics on Lissandra...
A Wanblee Wasta
<Member>
A Wanblee Wasta's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2021 12:02pm | Report
I don't know, what you will take on killers, but I play mainly on Neeko and take Hextech Rocketbelt, but I can say after nerfs, that for me personally, even killers will be better played with a Hextech Rocketbelt, because despite a slightly smaller amount of ability haste, it's give you magic penetration in passive, mobility, more HP (Yes-yes, 50, but sometimes your enemie will live on 3 HP) and simple stronger in scaling.
"Nothing is eternal, but everything is infinite, like our teams"
TheInkKingLoL
<Member>
TheInkKingLoL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2021 5:17pm | Report
Yeager wrote:
Hextech Rocketbelt is just superior on Ekko in every way so I don't see why you would ever go for Night Harvester.

Yes naturally, even before this update, but Night Harvester was still a viable option situationally and when you get fed.
"We tend to get mad at the ones that call us out but the fact is we need someone that'll be honest when we fly off the handle"
-NF
#LOST #CLOUDS

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide