Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Am I a "True" LoL Player?

Creator: BWalma December 22, 2011 6:50pm
letsgoROSH
<Member>
letsgoROSH's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 9:20pm | Report
Samoh wrote:

Gotta agree with duff, SR is the main part of the game, sure dominion can be fun and all. I still think you are as much a part of the community as the rest of us though, so yeh, I still think you are a real LoL player.

^This. Most of the community is just in SR, not Dominion. I (and I think many other LoL players), thought Dominion was simply an "add on" to the game. Summoner's Rift has just been around forever, along with 3v3, but 95% of the community before Dominion played only 5v5s. I think you are still a "true" LoL player.
Want an awesome Phoenix Udyr jungle guide? CLICK HERE

Also, if I helped you out, don't forget to +Rep me! :)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 10:20pm | Report

Keep rocking though, you never know when things might change.

Keep rockin forever because they never will! >:D
MDC
<Member>
MDC's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2011 4:17am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Keep rockin forever because they never will! >:D

Well if you believe in linear timeline, that has no ifs and alternative scenarios, and future is already decided, what is in my opinion quite idiotic, and are sure enough to tell future to state things never change, I'm sure to believe, that in my opinion, where things always change and future and timeline is always fluctuating, it's moronic to say that.
Cho is MEGAZERGLING!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2011 5:16am | Report
Ofc you are not a "true" lol-player! I mean seriously I have yet to see you flame or being an ***!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2011 5:50am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Ofc you are not a "true" lol-player! I mean seriously I have yet to see you flame or being an ***!

^ THIS! +1Rep. :D

You're gonna have to call me a noob, threaten to report me for my 2 death feeding, and say NOOB TEAM every time you fail before you're a "true" LOL player, it would seem -_-. haha.

Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2011 7:22am | Report
SR is the main part of this game FOR NOW.

Have you not noticed how all the new champions are just really well suited for the dominion play style?

Take a look at Ahri. She has tons of AOE, mobility, and a kit generally well suited for small skirmishes. She is great for dominion.

Volibear is another example. His kit is very much geared towards dominion. Fizz and Wukong are both super powerful in dominion.

Riot is slowly building up dominion to become a major part of the game. I've only recently gotten into dominion myself, but don't be surprised when it gets the **** promoted out of it in S3.

P.S. This is in no way saying dominion will be as big as SR. SR IS what this game revolves around at the moment and it will always be #1 probably. I just feel like dominion is coming out in a big way soon.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2011 7:25am | Report
Nobody will ever play Dominion competitively, at least not for any serious prize money. It's just too random, chaotic and lacks as much strategy. Harder to commentate on too.
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2011 7:52am | Report
^^ Close minded.

Srsly? No strategy? No wai. Dominion is just as strategical as SR. It's just fast paced annnd currently 80% of dominion players do not even try to execute any strategy beyond these 4 top this 1 bot.

If you actually try to secure stormshields and defend/attack in the right situations you'd be amazed at how much of a difference it makes. Right now you go into a game and it is pretty random, but that's only because the meta hasn't been developed yet and everyone is going at it like a deathmatch. THERE IS SO MUCH POTENTIAL!

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2011 7:53am | Report
Securing stormshields is ridiculous imo and needs to be changed. There's nothing strategic about it because it takes less than five seconds to secure them. By the time you even realize someone is taking one it's too late to stop them unless you're playing Rammus or already standing right next to them.

As for being as strategic as SR, that's simply not true. :P

The other big problem is how easy it is to swing games in Dominion. Time and time again I've experienced games where we dominated all game but then lost at the end completely randomly, or vice versa. When this happens on SR it's kind of epic because of how hard and rare it is to come back on SR.

Plus it's frankly just too short and fast paced to make a good tournament game mode.
BWalma
<Member>
BWalma's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2011 8:05am | Report
Babit wrote:

^^ Close minded.

Srsly? No strategy? No wai. Dominion is just as strategical as SR. It's just fast paced annnd currently 80% of dominion players do not even try to execute any strategy beyond these 4 top this 1 bot.

If you actually try to secure stormshields and defend/attack in the right situations you'd be amazed at how much of a difference it makes. Right now you go into a game and it is pretty random, but that's only because the meta hasn't been developed yet and everyone is going at it like a deathmatch. THERE IS SO MUCH POTENTIAL!

Agreed with most players don't really try different strats. I mean for me sometimes we do a 3/2 since we can capture there bottom but we would need to play tough Def on top. However, yes some of the new hero's are good at Dominion (I play Ahri). But they don't balance them around dominion which leaves them sometimes OP in dominion. **Cough Cough Wukong...

Ultimately they need to change the balancement between the game modes. They should also ranked dominon I'd so love that.

As for the teamwork aspect to Dominion. Dominion its super hard to carry your team. + If someone is purely going for kills you can just exploit that by going troll build with speed and BAM no more kills for them and you can capture points freely since they are not going for the actual objective. :)

Thank You! For all who created my sigs! -- The_Nameless_Bard, Zesty, and Jhoijhoi

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide