Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Another theorycraft

Creator: RCIX April 2, 2012 12:16am
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 9:38pm | Report
I'm working on a new meta. Most of my ideas are troll ideas, most of which I only convince a few friends to try once. It's fun.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 9:37am | Report
Shiikan wrote:

Early game, the Miss Fortune and Graves will win, no doubt.

You say this as if to imply they would win every lane in the entire game, which simply isn't true.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 9:58am | Report
^to add:
...and as if MF and Graves wouldn't buy wards lol...
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 12:01pm | Report
animorte wrote:

I'm working on a new meta. Most of my ideas are troll ideas, most of which I only convince a few friends to try once. It's fun.

To creat a new meta you do come up with something that get the same resultes later but is better early . You can't really improve the late game. If one is farmed he is farmed. But you would have to get a better early stratgy.
If you can come up with one fine. I am tending to a support that runs around and jungels a bit like in Dota 2 with the new jungel and gp/5 items on the jungler it should work out, but the down side is that you carry is not as safe bot as he would be with the support.
Shiikan
<Member>
Shiikan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 1:36pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

You say this as if to imply they would win every lane in the entire game, which simply isn't true.

That was my bad, I meant opposed to a same or lesser skilled (similar) Caitlyn and Taric. Obviously not in every case would they win, even versus said Caitlyn and Taric, but their DPS would surpass that of Caitlyn.

The only counter Caitlyn and Taric have is Taric Dazzle into Caitlyn Yordle Snap Trap to chain CC one of them and get the kill that way. 2v1 They can pick off the remaining lane opponent, as well as a heal from Taric every once in a while when Caitlyn gets harassed.

Well, that, and a Jungler gank :p

I was trying to say that in terms of winning their lane, Miss Fortune and Graves have a higher probability based on champion alone. Skill is truly what matters in winning your lane and winning the game.
Could you do me a favor and check out my Evelynn Guide? It'd be much appreciated!

Have I helped you out or voted on your guide? It'd mean a lot if you +rep me and review my guide as well!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 2:14pm | Report
I know what you're saying. What I'm saying is that they don't have a higher chance of winning lane based on champions alone. That's my point.

There's a big list of bot lane comps that will **** on a Graves MF lane.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 2:37pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

There's a big list of bot lane comps that will **** on a Graves MF lane.

^^ That... Such as Urgot. :P
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 2:51pm | Report
Urgot... Jarvan... Leona... And the list goes on forever.
TRoosevelt
<Member>
TRoosevelt's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 3:48pm | Report
Shiikan wrote:

Really?

I'd rank Sona's Q and Power Chord higher for harassment than either Graves or MF early game. Janna has Howling Gale and Eye of the Storm, Soraka can Q spam and has a massive heal/buff, Lulu has Glitterlance and one of the best disables in the game. All of the ranged supports have pretty strong harassment options.

And yeah, they probably have a harassment advantage against Ali/Leona/Taric but all of those guys have really strong CC and are tanky. Add in heals and those supports can win head-to-head fights.

And the DPS argument doesn't really work until they get damage items, which they won't if they split CS.

Arguing that the most item dependent characters have an early game advantage over the least item dependent characters when neither side has a lot of items just seems odd.
Zeedr
<Member>
Zeedr's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2012 4:56pm | Report
Shiikan wrote:

Early game from the Miss Fortune and Graves perspective:

Downsides:
>>: You can't distribute the farm nicely between Graves and Miss Fortune.
>>: They won't have a support.
>>: No support means no wards
>>: No wards means death from jungler and ganks (considering the enemy has one) as well as leaving dragon vulnerable

Upsides:
>>: They may get a tower.
>>: They may get a kill or so
Early game from the Caitlyn and Taric perspective:

Downsides:
>>: Not as much damage going through.
>>: Will be out harassed unless that Caitlyn is really good and the opposing Graves and Miss Fortune are really bad.

Upsides:
>>: Late game you have a Support
>>: Caitlyn gets all the farm
>>: Your support will ward
>>: Wards save lives and protect dragon
>>: You can get that tower back easily in late game if you push

Late game, the Caitlyn and Taric has a better payoff.

Choose your poison.

/Thread.

4 well farmed chars with a Competent support are better tan 3 and two AD carry half farmed.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide