Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [Week 2: Jungle]

Creator: Vynertje April 16, 2014 7:42am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 4:57am | Report
I'll ask this again because I haven't seen an answer ~

How does one play Zac nowdays? Guides seem to be outdated (Or they have outdated information) and is he viable?
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 5:06am | Report
sirell wrote:

I just saw StVicious go Q -> R -> E -> Max R > E > Q > W. Saw Crumbz do a similar thing. What's the thought process behind that?

Also a bit lost on items. I don't know his core items - Randuin's Omen/ Spirit Visage/ Banshee's Veil?

Q -> R -> E
Sounds like a fast first buff, proceeded with an even faster second buff into an early fight / gank without sustain. Maxing R afterwards is a Pheonix build then.

Bout Items:
Golem / Flare and as a core Randuins/SV and BV if needed. Throw in a trinity for the damagies (tho I am not sure how much you will need a trinity if you have flare)
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 7:10am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

I'll ask this again because I haven't seen an answer ~

How does one play Zac nowdays? Guides seem to be outdated (Or they have outdated information) and is he viable?

One doesn't play Zac nowadays :p

Joking besides, max E in the jungle or Q in lane, get tank items like sunfire cape mixed with some spell pen for the most balanced build. I'd not recommend playing him regardless though.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 7:12am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

One doesn't play Zac nowadays :p

Joking besides, max E in the jungle or Q in lane, get tank items like sunfire cape mixed with some spell pen for the most balanced build. I'd not recommend playing him regardless though.

I was never all that fond of Zac jungle. He just could jungle because he was borderline borken. Atm he still feels like a decent top laner.
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 7:16am | Report
He is quite strong top lane, does well against many of the popular guys right now (can poke and sustain through Shyvana lane, escapes Trundle engages decently, anti-dive passive for Renekton).

His jungle is okay, though it is more annoying since the pickup range on his blobs has been reduced. Lots of "kiting" the monsters to pick them up with each spellcast. Stonewall still likes him, and I do as well, but since jungle fighters are more popular right now, still kind of difficult to justify picking him.
"You sound just like Pythagoras."
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 8:03am | Report
Honestly Stonewall sucks. He didn't ever get higher than D5 if I recall correctly and his statements are heavily based upon his personal opinion which often isn't an accurate representation of the state of the game and its meta.
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 11:24am | Report
Diamond 5 is still the very top of the community, 99th percentile at least. It might not be as lofty as your Diamond 2, but it shows he knows something. I believe he has a lot of useful information for people who are inexperienced. You can disagree, but there's no need to be rude about it.

This thread is "Ask a Diamond" though, not "Ask a Diamond 4 or Higher," so his comments are still applicable.
"Do not rage, do not fear, Joe is here!"
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 11:57am | Report
He's platinum 3 on his main account ;-)
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 12:39pm | Report
You said he was max Diamond 5, so I don't know what you're getting at by saying he's in Plat now. But if it matters somehow to the validity of his opinion / relavence to the the discussion: Ryrk, a Stonewall "smurf," currently ranked Diamond 5.

He's a high ranked player who has thoughts about jungle Zac. What's the problem? If you disagree with the Zac information he gives, talk about that. Don't base your entire point of trying to discredit the player.
"You sound just like Pythagoras."
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 3:04pm | Report
stonewall has been wrong about a lot of things multiple times so i personally dont see him as a credible source
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide