Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [Week 2: Jungle]

Creator: Vynertje April 16, 2014 7:42am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 9:18am | Report
Blian wrote:

This is kinda jungle related, and not but hopefully I'll get an asnwer.

What do you do when your jungler s*ucks? I mean how can you help him or what can the team do?

Define sucks. What was your jungler doing that made you think he sucked.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 9:19am | Report
LevasK wrote:

Define sucks. What was your jungler doing that made you think he sucked.

Yesterday I had a Diamond V Lee Sin on my team who died to jungle creeps. Can we define that as sucking?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 10:23am | Report

Yesterday I had a Diamond V Lee Sin on my team who died to jungle creeps. Can we define that as sucking?

eBay

@question

How would you play Zac jungle in the NEWEST patch.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 10:54am | Report
How do you unsuck? People keep telling me I suck when I jungle, but I don't know what I can do to unsuck.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 11:00am | Report
Quoted:

When do you gank? I've been told that if I gank after both my buffs I lose too much exp unless we get a kill out of it. If I knew how and when to gank, I'd probably go back to jungle as I had previously played quite a bit of it, in season 3. Based on what I was told jungle is all about farming and the only aspect of jungling that I enjoyed in S3 was ganking, and definitely not farming, so I don't play it now. I've occasionally been forced into it but I had no clue what to do when and in some cases I was slightly bashed on for lack of ganks. I do try to look out for opportunities to gank but it's not easy and generally when there's a good opening for a gank or countergank, say, top lane I'm either around bot lane or I'm low on mana/health. So saying "just look for a good opportunity to gank or counter gank" really wouldn't be helping me :I

This isn't really an easy question to answer. You should almost always secure your first two buffs and get to level 3 before your first gank. Gank timing relies on your knowledge of enemy escapes (and their cooldowns), ward coverage and the position of the enemy jungler. You should generally gank 2 or 3 times before level 6. If your champion has a strong ganking ultimate, use the cooldown to secure towers or dragons, not just kills (if possible).

The balance between farming and ganking varies between champions, but it hasn't changed with patch 4.5. Just because you're building Feral Flare doesn't mean you can't provide map pressure for your team. You can generally clear two small camps that are near each other and then gank a nearby lane if you think you have a reasonable chance of success. Try not to walk past empty small camps just to clear a far-away camp because it wastes your time. If you need to wait 20 seconds or so for your nearby camps to respawn, get in the river, look for pink wards, check an opponent's positioning to see if they have ward coverage and look for gank or counter-gank opportunities. A lot of ganks aren't about complicated planning or coordination. Sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Also counter-ganking just depends on your team's ward coverage and your intuition of where the enemy jungler will be focusing his attention. If you just hit 6, your bot lane is pushing and the enemy jungler is a Pantheon, you might want to be near your bot lane for the next minute or so so that you can respond to a Pantheon ult. If the other jungler passes a ward on his way to gank your laner, you can follow him, collapse on him or if you're in the right spot, sneak into a lane bush and wait for him to gank. Counter-ganking is a lot like following a roaming mid laner as a mid laner except it can be harder to predict a jungler's movements. Even just following behind the other jungler while he ganks your top laner might land you a double kill if the two enemy champions use cooldowns and end up low on health.

Like I said, this question is difficult to answer and it's one of the things that separates decent junglers from good junglers. Also if your teammate is whining because you're not ganking or giving them buffs or for whatever reason, just ignore them. Listen to Lee Sin, he's a better jungle mentor. :P

"Strike firmly!"
"Worry not."
"Act free of doubt."
"Quiet steps."
"Extend your senses."
"Where am I needed?"
"Waste not a minute!"
"We do what we must."

Blian wrote:
What do you do when your jungler s*ucks? I mean how can you help him or what can the team do?

Win your lane really hard and carry. If he gets invaded, support him if you're in a nearby lane and help him secure camps to catch up. If you're mid you should be looking to push and roam to add pressure to other lanes. Bot lane should try to gain control of the river and secure a dragon when possible. You can also push down mid lane if you break bot tower. Top lane should usually just try to win lane, break tower and push to draw more pressure away from the rest of the map.

Carrying a jungler isn't much different than carrying any other losing role. Most junglers can be of use even when behind as long as you give them a good opportunity to come back into the game.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
aDaptor
<Member>
aDaptor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 11:50am | Report
How do I lvl 1 invade?
Did I help you out? Feel free to +rep me!
mjskid
<Member>
mjskid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 12:14pm | Report
can kayle jungle?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 2:04pm | Report
@aDaptor:
If you've got any hard CC, you can group and try to sneak your way around the standard places where people cover and take them down from behind. Another strategy is the delayed invade (move to the buff at 1:50, when people usually stopped covering) or trying to sneak a buff alone, with your bot lane fake leeching your buff. Always be ready with your team to counter if the enemy jungler tries to get his buff back.

@mjskid
Yes, she can. But I feel like kayle's better mid/top regardless
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 3:21pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Win your lane really hard and carry. If he gets invaded, support him if you're in a nearby lane and help him secure camps to catch up. If you're mid you should be looking to push and roam to add pressure to other lanes. Bot lane should try to gain control of the river and secure a dragon when possible. You can also push down mid lane if you break bot tower. Top lane should usually just try to win lane, break tower and push to draw more pressure away from the rest of the map.

Carrying a jungler isn't much different than carrying any other losing role. Most junglers can be of use even when behind as long as you give them a good opportunity to come back into the game.

^ definitely.

i feel like most people don't seem to understand that junglers can't usually save a lane that is getting stomped...they usually only improve a lane that is winning. not a jungler's responsibility to win a lane people.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 3:23pm | Report
Guys, can you not ignore my question please? You're making me feel like MyBloodIsBlack here.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide