Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [Week 2: Jungle]

Creator: Vynertje April 16, 2014 7:42am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 1:42pm | Report
I know I certainly don't.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 2:23pm | Report
Does Udyr currently use Feral Flare. or is he still running golem or lizard? I was under the influence that he is a ganking jungler, but he's raised quite high in multiple tier lists after Flare's release. Coincidence?
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 2:24pm | Report

Does Udyr currently use Feral Flare. or is he still running golem or lizard? I was under the influence that he is a ganking jungler, but he's raised quite high in multiple tier lists after Flare's release. Coincidence?

I see lots more Feral udyr's.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 2:28pm | Report
tiger udyr is more of a ganking jungler. phoenix is more of a farming jungler. i haven't run udyr yet in jungle with feral but just from my experience i would think you should go feral if you are going phoenix and lizard if you are going tiger.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 2:32pm | Report
As far as I know every udyr players grabs feral flare. Doesn't matter if you're going phoenix or tiger.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 3:23pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

As far as I know every udyr players grabs feral flare. Doesn't matter if you're going phoenix or tiger.

To evaluate this:
Basically tiger is a rather AD heavy runesetup and with more attack speed its good.

Pheonix always had attackspeed runesetup and with flare this makes his clearing even faster.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 3:35pm | Report
Ok here's one I don't think we've gone over entirely.

What is the proper time you "should" have Feral Flare? Give or take, depending on the champion used? I seem to get it around 15 minutes on average with Aatrox and Warwick.

What's a good amount of stacks at every 10 minute interval after that?
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 4:13pm | Report
@Psi: runes for nocturne right now? ive been playing him a lot recently but not entirely sure what runes i should be using

also i might be one of the few people that actually jungles karma on this site other than bilan but shes more of a ganking jungler since her clear is kinda bad and you end up being another support late game with her anyways so i dont think its worth not getting your snare(not stun its a snare) at level 3 unless you know 100% for sure you arnt going to need it which is unlikely
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 6:06pm | Report
Blian wrote:

Does it mean you would NOT consider Karma as a competitive AP jungler?

Yes, I think she works best as a support, decent as a solo lane, and pretty mediocre as a jungler. I could be wrong but I wouldn't feel comfortable saying she's strong or recommending her to people as a jungler.

Ok here's one I don't think we've gone over entirely.

What is the proper time you "should" have Feral Flare? Give or take, depending on the champion used? I seem to get it around 15 minutes on average with Aatrox and Warwick.

What's a good amount of stacks at every 10 minute interval after that?

Depends on the champion and how much you're farming. 12-13 minutes is early, 15-17 is roughly average, post 20 minutes is late, but that might occur for any number of reasons. If you have to spend more time pressuring the map and less time farming and/or your jungler is a slow clearer, you might finish flare later. One of the Xin's I've seen in professional play finished it around 23 minutes.

DillButt64 wrote:
@Psi: runes for nocturne right now? ive been playing him a lot recently but not entirely sure what runes i should be using

I'm currently running 29% attack speed with scaling health (armor/lvl works too) seals and scaling MR glyphs. Flat CDR glyphs are nice against AD-heavy teams. Armor pen should work fine as well but I think I like attack speed better. More Umbra Blades, more Feral Flare procs, faster farming and it cleans up your autoattack animation. Flare also deals magic damage and I don't usually build armor pen so arpen marks don't seem worth it to me.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 7:22pm | Report
Next question. Can Shaco make a comeback? Seems like he could use flare and clear both his and the enemies jungle with relatively little risk. He'd trade map pressure for ****ing with the enemy jungler, and seems like maybe he could get away with the Flare/Bork/Tank items build?

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide