Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [Week 2: Jungle]

Creator: Vynertje April 16, 2014 7:42am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 9:53am | Report
Top 3-5 SoloQ junglers ? J4 ? Feral Vi ?

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 10:02am | Report
Joxuu wrote:

Xin, Yi, Nocturne, Kha and Eve, but Elise, Wukong, Lee and Vi are quite close to them.

J4 is decent but the nerfs on his EQ just hurt him too much - its too easily sidestepped resulting in a 100% drop of his damage output.

Vi needs the mana sustain on the spirit items and focusses on ganking rather than farming.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 10:05am | Report
Kha'Zix, Xin Zhao, Nocturne, Pantheon, Master Yi

Xin and Yi are a teeny bit risky because they can be really **** if your team falls behind.

Lots of other junglers work though, you just have to find a strong jungler or two that you sync well with. Vi, Lee Sin, Elise and Wukong can also carry soloqueue games pretty hard.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 10:06am | Report
How do you know when to counter jungle?
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Darkness is everywhere, but a light shines in Hogopogo's Signature Store! Go check him out!
Bokonon
<Member>
Bokonon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 10:06am | Report
Joxuu wrote:

I may be somewhat biased because as an ADC main I rate junglers based on how easily they make me evaporate, but my TOP5 is:
Pantheon, Kha'Zix, Vi, Master Yi (i'm actually glad Feral Flare made him playable again) and Shyvana.
I don't see a reason to build Feral Flare on Vi though, she benefits from tankiness or AD, but not really attack speed.
PS I'd say there are no clearly OP champs in the jungle right now, the pool of strong junglers expanded to more or less 20 champions, each of them having their pros and cons. It's great to finally see some diversity:)
I'm more than ADC main, i'm a DRAVEN MAIN!
Welcome to the League of Draven!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 10:18am | Report
What junglers are Sightstone users also? Are there any apart from Lee Sin?
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 10:21am | Report
When does it make sense to take down the Wight or Golem or are they no option on your first clear way?
Should you always start on the bottom side's buff?
Thanks to Aquilegia for this sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 10:21am | Report
IPodPulse wrote:

How do you know when to counter jungle?

A few standard things are:
1) When you know where the enemy jungler is: if he's ganking a lane he can't stop you from taking a few camps / buffs
2) If you have the stronger, dominant lanes that can support, you can more safely invade
3) If you have just hit a power spike, like just getting level 6 and know the enemy jungler doesn't have his yet - you'll be stronger in a direct duel
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 10:38am | Report
sirell wrote:
What junglers are Sightstone users also? Are there any apart from Lee Sin?

The only other jungler that I know Sighstone is built regularly on is Nunu & Willump because he doesn't really need items and relies on early map pressure and late game supportive qualities.

emoriam wrote:

When does it make sense to take down the Wraith or Golem or are they no option on your first clear way?
Should you always start on the bottom side's buff?

I'm assuming by Wraith you mean Wight (the lone wraith near blue buff) since the wraith camp is part of a standard clear.

Basically golems are too far out of the way to clear as one of your first few camps. The Wight camp hurts a lot of junglers early so wolves are preferable if you're starting at blue buff. Even for junglers with good sustain, there's not really a great reason to do Wight early.

Bottom side buff start is standard because it's usually easier to gank mid and top early compared to bot lane (bot usually has better ward coverage and early disengage). You can start near top lane if you're trying to throw off a counter-jungle attempt (you expect a level 2 invade and reverse your route to secure your buffs) or if you start blue buff on blue side if it's very crucial for your champion. No jungler need start at blue buff, but sometimes it's worth securing it at level one just so you don't risk getting it stolen in a level 2 invade. You can also start near top lane if you have a plan for ganking bot early. Xin Zhao jungle with a Thresh support can pull off an easy lane gank if Thresh gets Dark Passage at level 2, for example. Leona lanes are also pretty easy to gank for.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
mjskid
<Member>
mjskid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 11:39am | Report
is nocturne a good counter jungler?

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide