Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [Week 2: Jungle]

Creator: Vynertje April 16, 2014 7:42am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 7:42am | Report

Greetings people of Mobafire!

This thread is the second official episode of a weekly series called "Ask a Diamond" (airing every wednesday), where everyone is encouraged to ask questions to the high ranked members of this site. The goal is to help out as much players as we can with their most pressing questions, hopefully allowing them to climb the ladder even further! This week will be all about jungling!

(Previous week: Bot lane)

So, if you have any League related questions, you can ask them here. However, please keep in mind the rules:
  • Serious, League related questions only.
  • Make sure your questions are specific. We can't help you when you simply ask "How can I get out of elo-hell". Something like "How can I more easily capitalize on my enemy's mistakes" is a lot more specific and helps us help you.
  • People below Diamond are allowed to answer questions, but always take such answers with a grain of salt. You can recognize diamond players by their flairs, next to their username.
  • Questions should be related to the week's lane (this week: jungle!). I will ask moderators to remove all questions that aren't.

Fire away!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 8:14am | Report
Suggestion: Link to previous discussion, in case people missed it?

Question: How do you deal with a top lane who demands you come gank continuously when you're still pre3 and then starts blaming you when he dies top lane?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 8:18am | Report
Demand that he learns how to play his lane first before opening his mouth (or pressing the enter button, as you wish)

You can't gank pre-3 at all. If you do, you risk up giving other buff for free. If he can't hold his lane for one minute (considering you should hit level 3 at 3:00-3:15 and the minions clash at about 2:10) it's his fault. You can try to help him afterwards though.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 8:30am | Report
If it doesn't bother you, ignore him. If it does, use the mute/ignore function. If I'm premade with the person I'd take the time to explain how jungle pressure works and what his responsibility as a laner is, but there's no way I'm wasting my time doing that in soloqueue.

Also I'm pretty excited for this week 'cause it's my main role. :D
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
aDaptor
<Member>
aDaptor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 8:40am | Report
How do I gank bot effectively, especially early? I always find it hard as of either: the enemy is pushimg but got wards everywhere, or that my own botlane is pushing HARD.
Did I help you out? Feel free to +rep me!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 9:23am | Report
aDaptor wrote:

How do I gank bot effectively, especially early? I always find it hard as of either: the enemy is pushimg but got wards everywhere, or that my own botlane is pushing HARD.

Some junglers (Kha, Elise, Jarvan) have creative gank paths or can lane-gank super effectively, especially coupled with a CC-heavy support like Thresh/Leona. If they're pushed up hard you can look for a possibility to dive 3v2 or even 4v2, but only do this when you're 100% sure it can work out. Otherwise, try to sweep wards together with the support (pinks/red trinket) and try it that way.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 9:28am | Report
As a carry, how do you deal with vi's 1700 range point and click gap closer, cc, & initiate - Vault Breaker -> Cease and Desist?
Even in plat, vi is like a 100% pick/ban champ. My Diamond 1 friend says that vi sucks, but i'm curious to know what diamond players do differently than plat players to make vi so much more managable
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 9:32am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Suggestion: Link to previous discussion, in case people missed it?

Question: How do you deal with a top lane who demands you come gank continuously when you're still pre3 and then starts blaming you when he dies top lane?

Not diamond yet, so my answer should be taken w. grains o' salt, but one thing that i've kind of learned to so climbing ELO as a jungler, is not to gank losing lanes, but rather, to gank gankable lanes. Not sure i'm making sense, but if a lane is fed to the point where you & your laner cannot kill your target, even if you blow all your summoners, it's probably just better to try and snowball another lane, than try and salvage whatever is left of one of your losing lanes
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 9:34am | Report
Vi is good, still very frequently banned outside of competitive play. As an ADC you just need some mobility, use it once vi ults on you to split her from her own team. Then you can relatively easily burst her down because she shouldn't be able to kill you 1v1 in a teamfight.

Also, Morgana is a super strong pick against her because it completely nullifies all her CC.
Bokonon
<Member>
Bokonon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 9:42am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Vi is good, still very frequently banned outside of competitive play. As an ADC you just need some mobility, use it once vi ults on you to split her from her own team. Then you can relatively easily burst her down because she shouldn't be able to kill you 1v1 in a teamfight.

Also, Morgana is a super strong pick against her because it completely nullifies all her CC.

I'd like to add that as and AP Carry you can easily counter her with Zhonya's Hourglass. Using it when Vi almost reached you not only cancels the ultimate, but also puts her right in the middle of your team, served on a silver platter.

As and ADC main though, I must admit that ~2000 range initiation is annoying as hell:) Building BV helps, but only if you can keep the shield up - a smart Vi won't fall for that. On the bright side, if you survive the ult she's pretty much useless, a bit of a one trick pony.
I'm more than ADC main, i'm a DRAVEN MAIN!
Welcome to the League of Draven!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide