Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Ask a Diamond [Week 6: Jungle]

Creator: Vynertje May 14, 2014 4:19am
1 2 3 4
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2014 3:37pm | Report

Skarner is a lane bully top who can all-in really well early due to being able to spam Shattered Earth and prevent damage with Seismic Bastion. He's also very dangerous to dive and easy to gank for due to his ultimate. Basically a top lane Shyvana with more CC.

uh, no lol.

Q doesn't slow anymore so they just walk away from you, and you also need to charge it first. Not to mention you go oom ridiculously fast if you use all your abilities. Hes only hard to dive at 6, and thats if he builds properly and has mana.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2014 3:44pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

If you want to farm all day you'd want to get wriggles anyway and if you want to gank you want a spirit item. It's not like you'll usually find yourself changing from a game plan on a specific champion that often (you won't find a maokai farming the jungle, or a udyr ganking 24/7) so I don't really feel the need to go that way. I doubt if you really need that extra clear speed/sustain from the second item as well.

Gotta add that I somewhat hate trick (his udyr is good but that's about it) and his fanboys so I might be somewhat biased.

Most champions can't even build either viably so its definitely not good lol. Only memory I still have of trick is completely outjungling him as he *****ed on stream and splitpushed 24/7 as I kept initiating fight after fight to pull my team back into the game until my ADC tried to 1v1 him bot, died, and lost us the game. Trick proceeded to ****talk and I exploded back at him in frustration, and after his fanboy army started spamadding me on league. Was pretty hilarious looking back.
NorthernRedStar
<Member>
NorthernRedStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2014 2:20am | Report

uh, no lol.

Q doesn't slow anymore so they just walk away from you, and you also need to charge it first. Not to mention you go oom ridiculously fast if you use all your abilities. Hes only hard to dive at 6, and thats if he builds properly and has mana.

Never said he was excellent, just telling from what I've seen. This same here^ could be said from Shyvana, yet she's a very strong top. Isn't managing your mana a part of learning a champion / playing well? So that's invalid. And Iceborn Gauntlet is a core item for current Skarner.

Once again, I never said he was the best top laner, but can be played as one. Has great potential if Riot changes him a bit.

Out of context, I really like J4 top.
Gaze into Oblivion in my Vel'koz Guide!
Signature by Emikadon

NorthernRedStar
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2014 2:50am | Report

Most champions can't even build either viably so its definitely not good lol. Only memory I still have of trick is completely outjungling him as he *****ed on stream and splitpushed 24/7 as I kept initiating fight after fight to pull my team back into the game until my ADC tried to 1v1 him bot, died, and lost us the game. Trick proceeded to ****talk and I exploded back at him in frustration, and after his fanboy army started spamadding me on league. Was pretty hilarious looking back.

Trick2g, the most overrated jungler ever.
Where Trolls Fear To Tread
Signature by Xiaowiriamu

Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2014 10:39am | Report
What happened to the Doran's Blade start on some junglers?
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2014 11:21am | Report
Died out after season 4 made jungling slightly harder. You can't only take two buffs (of which one smiteless - smite the second one for 550 damage back then) and gank. Besides that it'd set you back if your first gank / counterjungle attempt failed because you're forced to b without any money for items.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2014 12:30pm | Report
Zac jungle? Wouldn't that take away some of his weaker lane? He has ok clears, good sustain and tons of cc. Or is his weak 1 vs 1 enough to make him a weak pick?

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
NorthernRedStar
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2014 3:11pm | Report

Zac jungle? Wouldn't that take away some of his weaker lane? He has ok clears, good sustain and tons of cc. Or is his weak 1 vs 1 enough to make him a weak pick?

Zac in jungle is like Nautilus without Titan's Wrath on; slow, weak and deals no damage. Horrible duelist and mediocre clears. Ganking power and CC does not make up for that.
  • Did I enlighten your eyes? Feel free to hit +Rep
Signature by Emikadon

1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide